Building a goods shed

This week I have been building the new Metcalfe goods shed  this one the finest kits they have produced an excellent model of an S& C type.   The printing etc is to their usual high standard and instructions clear and consise  with easily cut out parts.The walls are made from four sheets of card and are very sturdy and easy to assemble plus the overall prescence of the completed model is excellent esily the best they have produced.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that there was a 'new' goods shed?

The old one [below] is certainly well proportioned for a compact shed, and with the addition of some scratch built doors and weathering, plus careful concealment of the corner joints makes up quickly into a nice model to fill a spot whilst making something more original.

Doug

post-106-0-23859100-1545038272.jpg

Edited by Chubber
  • Like 2

The new shed is an S&C  one and has brilliant internal details and the kit goes together well plus of course the printing is superb its well worth the money.

Your'e quite right, Ims, I've found it now, looks a very solid offering, and nicely detailed, too. Does it have textured finish or is it my imagination? [from the web site picture]

Piccy please!

Doug

Edited by Chubber

This is a bigger shed made from 2 kits, the office is scratch built. I also used scalescenes for the walls. lots of details still to do. The 3rd image is also a modded Metcalfe kit. The kits are solid construction And i have a signal box to plus a couple of rows of houses awaitinf construction

post-815-0-40333000-1545478390_thumb.jpg

post-815-0-36387500-1545478408_thumb.jpg

post-815-0-80758900-1545478707_thumb.jpg

• Like 5