crimp connectors

deltanw12

I have bought some Salecom T80-T toggle switches fairly common in most model shops..  I do not want to solder wires to each terminal, so can anyone advise what size  crimp slide on connector I require? My local railway shop sold me Peco PL31 but these are too tight to slide onto termminal.

Any advice or or a supplier name would be much appreciated.

• RMweb Premium

According to the drawing the terminals are an 80 by 30 thou cross section rectangle, I'll see if I can think of any standard crimp that will fit that.

Drawing here:-

https://www.jprelec.co.uk/pdffiles/800-225.pdf

Hmmm OK 80 thou isn't the thickest part of the terminal, forget that !

Edited by spamcan61

• RMweb Premium

According to the drawing the terminals are an 80 by 30 thou cross section rectangle, I'll see if I can think of any standard crimp that will fit that.

Drawing here:-

https://www.jprelec.co.uk/pdffiles/800-225.pdf

Hmmm OK 80 thou isn't the thickest part of the terminal, forget that !

Which is why I said they are “effectively” a diameter of .76mm.........and why I suggested a round spade connector rather than a flat one (like the 2.8mm miniature spade) as the flat spade is designed for a much thinner blade.

A round female spade with an inside diameter to closely match .76mm will fit.

• RMweb Premium

I have bought some Salecom T80-T toggle switches fairly common in most model shops..  I do not want to solder wires to each terminal, so can anyone advise what size  crimp slide on connector I require? My local railway shop sold me Peco PL31 but these are too tight to slide onto termminal.

Any advice or a supplier name would be much appreciated.

Either (a) Use a different Switch that will accept Crimp Connectors, e.g. with screw Terminals using Ring Crimp Terminals

or       (b) Solder the Wires, If not an option  see (a). 

Edited by Pannier Tank

Any advice or or a supplier name would be much appreciated.

I cannot understand why you do not want to solder them on, it's going to give you the most secure connection.

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Is there a mix up in units here. The terminals have a cross section of 0.080" by 0.030" or approximately 2.03 mm by 0.76 mm. So how will a 0.76 mm dia round socket fit on ?

Brian

They are designed for soldering which is why I said it would be best to order a couple of different sizes and try them, square peg, round hole etc etc. ;)