Bermuda Railway

rue_d_etropal

9 hours ago, rue_d_etropal said:

The cruise ship. I can see what you are trying to do. I would move it further back in image so that it is partly hidden by the greenery. possibly addng a structure/building(flag pole?) to hide the join..

Fiddled about a bit with this. Trees on the right are there to match with the backscene. Will print and try, if it doesnt work then I will have to build another module just to use this.....

Presentation1.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rue_d_etropal said:

The cruise ship. I can see what you are trying to do. I would move it further back in image so that it is partly hidden by the greenery. possibly addng a structure/building(flag pole?) to hide the join.

Okay. Good enough. Ship happens.

IMG_20191229_193544.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah - corner is problematic - the trees are on a pontoon! I wanted to blend it with the main backscene as it's a square corner, the sky doesn't match either!. 

Have ordered one of these to sit in that corner - I will have to trim the rock by about 3cm. Not typically a Bermudian building, but the round entrances (which would allow right of way through the other side) work for the corner. The right hand part of the unit I will model as enclosed, with windows and doors. Decided not to order it in sandstone....https://www.shapeways.com/product/U4MHE9C6J/1-144-el-alamein-train-station 

• Like 1

There is a hole cut in the box for the rrack to exit. As I m using Kato, I can rustle up various permutations of fiddle yard for now, I am trying though to configure some way of storing the FY under the main baseboard within the box structure. The board has had to sit raised in the box as otherwise the RUB handle would be in the way of where I needed to cut the exit hole

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Folks as we have a couple of other modellers coming through with their layouts, and this was meant to be a Prototype discussion, I've started a new topic in Micro Layouts which I will update. I am hugely grateful for all the interest and input, and of course to Simon for producing the prints. 

Here's the layout topic:

And here's the stock on an enthusiasts special to Leamouth, on the District Line, in 2009

82002180_10157949165201613_6943503516673507328_o.jpg

• Like 2