Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

• RMweb Gold

Here we are!  I don't think there's much chance of a 94xx from Hornby at the moment in reality, though it would perhaps encourage Bachmann to extract their digits.  The Lima body moulding was not really acceptable by modern standards, even railroad, and an attempt to pair it with the J50 mechanism would repeat the original errors, so even if the tooling exists I would imagine H would want to make a better fist of a 94xx than that!  My own has a Lima body for all that, worked up a bit and running on a Bachmann 57xx mechanism; there are serious anomalies not least of which is that the splashers do not align with the wheels, but the Bachmann mech gives you the opportunity to put some cab detail in there.  It is not my most 'scale' or accurate model, though.

It will be replaced by a Bachmann 94xx, BR non-superheated production series, as soon as one is available, but given the number of times this loco has been put back, not all Baccy's fault, I am not holding my breath.

If H want to play in to my hands (and there's no real reason that they should), a 2721 to modern standards on the proper axle spacings would be a direct hit.  But that would mean a completely new mechanism, and that's pretty unlikely at the moment.

Revised Voyager with the Class 170 mechanicals to allow interior to be modelled, together with the "Meridian" Class 222. Probably featuring illuminated destinations and door release lights, single chip with multiple speaker options and interior lighting.

Possibly a 319 announced in OO, although a few years back I did hear a rumour of a 310...The 319 would be a good choice covering turd rail and OHLE operation and still going strong.

Steam: could it be the year of the Manor? Something ex-LNWR passenger to accompany the G2 and Coal Tank?

Coaches: Off the wall suggestion, Mk2 Pullmans.

• Like 2

I think we see the SR USA dock tank appear as a standard release as I am sure the Model rail exclusive period is up soon. Although I think it will be 2020 before it arrives and I know model received some new ones recently but the should have plenty time to sell them before we get the standard versions.

Top of the list, Sealed beam class 45. They’ve surely got to start thinking about doing one. Haven’t they? Please??

Class 104 dmu. Pretty much like the 45, a Northern based layout in the 80’s requires at least one of these, but I think they will wait until the 117 & 121 are done before considering another dmu.

Banger blue class 47 with headlight. Only the Kernow L/E one has been done, but it’s weathered and named.

Another mid-late 80’s must have up north, a 150/2 original running man livery. I know this tooling has not been done (Gangway door flyscreen clear perspex to show the gangway door window, but I’d happily do a bit of modelling to sort that.

Railfreight class 47 (No red stripe).

MK 2A/2Z in Scotrail.

Another run of 2F TSO’s in B&G and Exec.

CCT Express Parcels Red Star. (These fetch good money these days, and I require a few more).

MK 1 NEA/NEX Full Brake in B&G. (92***). Not been done yet. All 6 versions produced thus far are NDV/NAV in the 8**** series.

A MK 2B/2C would be nice.

I don’t require much freight stock but a Black TOTAL TTA tank would be most welcome.

As would an (ex OBA) ZDA BASS in Engineers Dutch.

Finally, some new tool B5 Bogie’s as found under the new POT sold separately.

Edited by 66738

• RMweb Premium

I think a working track machine might be on the cards. Like a tamper or similar with a complex system like the crane for the "wow" factor.

Hmm... rail grinder with DCC sound perhaps? The Bachmann 20 was once king of the exhibition halls, but they'll lose the crown to the Accurascale Deltic if they don't watch out.

• Like 1

The most prolific Class 47/ Brush Type 4 configurations of course: Blue with Serck Grilles and glass black headcodes AND Green with small yellow panel with Sercks.

13T Medfit  https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmedfitsteel

Inside-framed Siphon G  https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrsiphon

Sturgeon  https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brsturgeon

More Corporate Image Freightliner flats

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

New tooling:

Class 101 power twin and centre cars

DCC-ready parallel boiler Royal Scot

LMS Stanier 50' kitchen car

LNWR brake van

Reliveries:

150/1 in Silverlink with First Great Western branding

150/2 in Provincial livery

• Like 1

Lets hope we dont see the same livery switch over debacle on the new Mk2fs that we saw recently with the new POTs Mk1s.......hate to spend x hundreds of pounds on a rake or two of Mk2fs only for the later versions to have slightly different blue or grey etc.......rant out of the way......…

A range of 39-XXX "A" follow up alternative numbered models added to the new Mk2f range of stock. Not least another bash at the Blue and grey BSO!

Retooling of the Class 20 with lighting and other detail upgrades.  Now long overdue.

Retooling announced of the Mk1 coach family to cover DCC and non DCC on Board variants

Failing that, a Mk1 Inter-City Sleeper in Blue & Grey, SLC Composite on commonwealths to complete the BR Inter-City sleeper range).

Following the release of the Mk1 flatbed motorails...….maybe we will see some Mk1 "Inter-City Motorail" branded coaches in executive livery

Fully bulled up Mk1 white roofed, curtain fitted, white wheel rimmed up  "Inter-City Charter" coaches including proper FO's.

I think the AL5/Class 85 could be rested for this year as BR blue 85040 in weathered spec is only just out but wouldn't it be superb if they announced a

Class 81 same pantograph mech as the Class 90 on DCC  (or even an 81 with the Shields Road leaping salmon logo or domino headcode panel)?  Take my money now...….. 

always thought they were very similar to the 85 certainly the basic chassis and remains one of the last of the low hanging fruit as far AC overhead Bo-Bo electrics are concerned with the lesser spotted 82, 83 and 84 below it.  .

Scenecraft range - Ready to plant Mk1 OHLE masts and LMR style lattice gantries and wires.

• Like 1

I do wonder if Bachmann have got wind of another manufacturer working on a "definitive" Class 37; hence the tidal wave of rep editions, special editions etc. that have been announced over the last 12 months. An effort to squeeze every last drop out of their existing tooling before everyone jumps ship to another manufacturer?

So I speculate more 37 limited editions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cue the 94xx brigade....  :jester:

Sorry, I think that boat has sailed, hit an iceberg.....and sunk. I don't expect to see the 94 before 2023-25. In the meantime, lots of people have woken up to the fact that the Baccy-Lima hybrid is actually a nice little item. Sure, it's out a millimetre here & there, but remember the intended clientele will run this on 16.5mm track...

Baccy have said they will retool the 8750 pannier, as the tooling is in dire need of an upgrade. The onus is upon them (should they desire) to turn out an absolute top-notch to fully corner the market.

A proper B-set to the same standard is an absolute winner.

You can't have too many panniers!

• Like 1

Some panelled Midland coaches or outside frames vans to go with all of the other Midland origin locomotives we've had over the years would be nice, but at this stage I'd just like to see the 1532 arrive before it goes over £200.

• Like 1

The most prolific Class 47/ Brush Type 4 configurations of course: Blue with Serck Grilles and glass black headcodes AND Green with small yellow panel with Sercks.

Preferably starting with D1953-D1961 as originally delivered in Rail Blue.

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm still eagerly looking forward to the new iterations of Bulleid coaches from Bachmann, and wonder if they'll make something other than Beachy Head or an N to pull them.

However, they left the market for Southern locos to the (fortunately benevolent) mercies of the red-box outfit for so long that there aren't many medium or large prototypes left to choose from.

The thousands of old Bachmann Bulleids sold over the decades inevitably spend most of their time behind Hornby locos. Will Bachmann be content for the same to happen to the new ones? My gut feeling is that a K or U class mogul might conceivably come from Bachmann rather than the direction most seem to expect it. An N15x might be a bit more of a stretch, though....

On the rolling stock front, I'd love to see a Diagram 107 and/or 109 mineral wagon and a late-LMS/early-BR cattle wagon..

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

I hope we get a Manor/Saint as I trust Bachmann to do them justice.

Also, RTR manufacturers seem to be releasing wagons that are already available as kits.  Can they please start doing this for the former cooper craft and blacksmith ranges rather than parkside dundas please.  I need some more GWR cattle and open wagons!

Edited by GWR8700

• RMweb Gold

Mk1 BFK would be nice, as nobody's ever done one RTR.
A "loose" Bulleid BCK (rather than the 2-set one) would also get multiple purchases from yours truly.
A working turntable and working level crossing are both an open goal in the market at the moment IMHO.

• Like 3