Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

Before I get too excited can someone remind me when Bachmann do their announcements, from memory Hornby are around Christmas and Bachmann sometime after the Glasgow show.

Mk 2 b or c would be nice. 

No tamper please just spent a fortune on a Britannia Models one!!

Three car blue 104 of the type that used to appear in Waverley in the mid 80s.

The railway children to go with their railway children set to wave as my trains exit a tunnel on the layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A Class 319 would be good but I wonder if they can beat Hornby to the line with a Class 91 and associated Mk IV’s. A WCRC or ROG Class 47/7 or 8 would be good as well as they seem to travel the country widely.

• Like 1

*insert tired old "Bachmann are so slow!" joke*

*complain that model "X" you have been waiting for for years is still not out*

*head back to a Hornby thread to heap praise on everyone's favourite company*

*rinse and repeat on every new Bachmann thread that appears, because moaning never gets old*

And getting back to the actual point of this thread, anything pre-grouping would be nice especially coaching stock given how good the SECR Birdcages were.

- Alex

Edit: And obviously more 009 will always be interesting.

Now that you mentioned it you aren't doing too bad yourself with that long rant….

• RMweb Premium

Do we have the date  when Bachmann are make the announcement in the new year

See post #30 above.

For me, I’d be happy for either of them to produce a BR standard class 2 78000 please. Covered most regions. All three preserved have steamed, one now in green.

I am a little surprised that there is no GCR tank loco to complement their very well selected D11/J11/O4 group. Pick your favourite, N5 or A5? They have in the past 'gone around the big four' with a wheel arrangement, and there is no LNER group 0-6-2T in their range, so possibly the N5 is the more likely.

But as others above: getting through the existing announcements has to be a priority. I can see the risk to Bachmann of another manufacturer 'picking off' the V2. There's now a shortage of big steam loco subjects that are both attractive and have large numbers in class, yet have a less than adequate model.

A Class 319 would be good but I wonder if they can beat Hornby to the line with a Class 91 and associated Mk IV’s. A WCRC or ROG Class 47/7 or 8 would be good as well as they seem to travel the country widely.

Hi,

Just imagine THAT, a gleaming new 91' from Bachmann to match their new 90' in terms of quality and in original InterCity livery, with brand spanking new Mk4's and DVT to match...imagine the advertising potential of it!

Now that would just be a Wow! factor moment of epic proportions....

... wouldn't it?

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Like 3

.............     However, they left the market for Southern locos to the (fortunately benevolent) mercies of the red-box outfit for so long that there aren't many medium or large prototypes left to choose from.    .............

Errrrrrr . . . . .  D and/or D1,  E and/or E1  and L1  ! ! !

ALL very useful locos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I was also told in 2013 they were developing doing on of these, hope that comes true eventually.

I would be very surprised if they did a 323. I can think of many more EMU classes that would have a wider appeal than that and probably yield a greater return.

Mind you, I been surprised several times by announcements - not least by Heljan doing Lyn (not that I am complaining).

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Premium

A working turntable and working level crossing are both an open goal in the market at the moment IMHO.

Please define 'a level crossing'

I would wager that there is no such things - while a number of say GNR crossings may share a 'house style' as it were the brutal truth is that no 2 roads were exactly the same in terms of width or alignment relative to the railway - and thats before you get to the number of tracks.

Even modern crossings are bespoke - yes they may use 'standard' bits of kit but the actual placement is almost always different due to the site layout.

Please define 'a level crossing'

I would wager that there is no such things - while a number of say GNR crossings may share a 'house style' as it were the brutal truth is that no 2 roads were exactly the same in terms of width or alignment relative to the railway - and thats before you get to the number of tracks.

Even modern crossings are bespoke - yes they may use 'standard' bits of kit but the actual placement is almost always different due to the site layout.

We are talking RTR so it'll be set to whatever standards they use for the track range.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

Since they are doing a 319 in N gauge it would make sense to do a 00 gauge one. But then it would have made sense to announce both at the same time.

Not if you don't have any production capacity to make it!

You can also flip the argument - why did they not announce a N gauge SECR C Class at the same time as their 00 version?

Having committed to doing a 319 in N, it would not surprise me if a 00 version arrives in due course. They can be produced in numerous liveries, have worked quite a few different service groups in their lives and with the conversion into bi-powered units there is plenty of future potential there too.

However as with the Bulleid coaches i would expect Bachmann to wait until the Farish version hits the shelves before bringing it to 00 - not least because of all the backlog they still have to process from previous announcements..

• RMweb Premium

New tooling:

LMS Stanier 50' kitchen car

I really don't see why anyone would do this. As far as I am aware the vehicle was all Kitchen and would therefore require at least 2 other seating coaches to be tooled up to use it. People have often criticised Bachmann for producing a Mk1 RFO but no matching kitchen car and a kitchen car on its own is similarly daft while the sales and returns from investing in multiple vehicles doesn't seem sensible at a time when both production facilities are hard to find, prices are high and the economic outlook for the UK is uncertain.

Kitchen / Buffet cars with some seating as well as food preparation areas on the other hand are a much better bet - we already have a Greasley Buffet and a Maunsell Restaurant car from Hornby and if a LM designed catering vehicle is desired then an updated Period 2 six wheeled diner would fit the bill.

Edited by phil-b259
  • Like 1

I’d like to see:

Cross country both 220/221 DCC ready with prototypical lighting with orange door lights.

FGW ‘local lines’ 158 & 150/2.

DB MXA wagon

Murco TEA tankers

IHA covered steel carrier wagon

I'd like to replace my roco/piko/marklin IHA's with a 1:76 version too. Be very useful mixed in with the existing BYA's