Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

Hi Andy,

Do Bachmann have a Press gathering before the release like Hornby do or is tomorrow both the press and general/public release info?

Not that it makes any difference, but just wondered.

thanks

Mark

• RMweb Premium

hi Ive been told by my local model shop that Bachmann will not be obtaining any stock of any kind until the middle of this year as they are moving factoriehs in China and so have halted all production till then so that could even more delays

Dave

Andy has posted on a separate thread about this http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138683-Bachmann-explain-unforeseen-delay-issue/?p=3341092

There has been a hiatus but apparently the new factory is already on stream.

Do Bachmann have a Press gathering before the release like Hornby do or is tomorrow both the press and general/public release info?

Bachmann organise dates at venues around the country over the next couple of weeks for their trade customers to get along to. The hobby press normally attend the first date, which is tomorrow in London, to be briefed on announcements and updates.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm so looking forward to all of this. I've already been sick once this morning and have been told to sit quiet as I am getting over excited. I just can't keep still.

Rob.

Bachmann organise dates at venues around the country over the next couple of weeks for their trade customers to get along to. The hobby press normally attend the first date, which is tomorrow in London, to be briefed on announcements and updates.

So does this mean you have no idea what's coming either? I know some companies give press packs first and on occasion you have the topic ready to unmask but I guess not in this case?

Mark

Never mind al the froth. Get the Facts. Bachmann announce BR A2/1 

Bachmann announce BR A2/2

Bachmann announce BR A2/3

Bachmann announce BR B16/1

Bachmann announce BR B16/2

Bachmann announce BR B16/3

But no BR  J6 again. well P*****d Off.

:senile: BR Eastern Region modeller  :senile:

• RMweb Gold

I’m amused. There seems to be lots of people desperate to find out what’s in the announcement and lots of people who are upset by the length of time it takes for models to be released. Knowing the later can be quite along time why are people so desperate for the former?

I shall find out when I happen to come across the thread sometime in the next couple of days.

BTW if you haven’t guessed I’m a firm believer that railway modelling isn’t something that can be rushed ;)

Griff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm so looking forward to all of this. I've already been sick once this morning and have been told to sit quiet as I am getting over excited. I just can't keep still.

Rob.

Settle down, now, Rob, or there'll be tears before bedtime...  

I find a bit of shunting has a very calming effect.

• RMweb Gold

Midday on Monday.

You had to be up at 06.15 to convey that to the waiting world?

Your devotion to RMweb and its readership is of course well known, and greatly appreciated (by some of us at least)  and I know it consumes a lot of your time.  But 06.15 on a Sunday morning to tell folk that Bachmann will announce at midday on Monday that they're producing 'just what I've always wanted/needed'; 'my life/layout was never going to be complete without one of those'; 'at what price???'; 'not another duplication!', doesn't worry me'; 'surely they're not doing in that livery?'; 'wrong number for me'; 'nothing in it for me' ....???  This is devotion above and beyiond that needed to deal with hostile hacking attempts or incorrect updates corrupting files.

Sir, you have my deepest, and truly heartfelt, admiration.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

So does this mean you have no idea what's coming either? I know some companies give press packs first and on occasion you have the topic ready to unmask but I guess not in this case?

Mark

If Andy is privy to any information of that sort, he has to keep it to himself. If he told us he'd have to kill us...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Your devotion to RMweb and its readership is of course well known, and greatly appreciated (by some of us at least)  and I know it consumes a lot of your time.  But 06.15 on a Sunday morning to tell folk that Bachmann will announce at midday on Monday that they're producing 'just what I've always wanted/needed'; 'my life/layout was never going to be complete without one of those'; 'at what price???'; 'not another duplication!', doesn't worry me'; 'surely they're not doing in that livery?'; 'wrong number for me'; 'nothing in it for me' ....???  This is devotion above and beyiond that needed to deal with hostile hacking attempts or incorrect updates corrupting files.

Mine too, but I suspect he was up and about anyway and not out of bed in the middle of the night (it is for me!) because he couldn't sleep worrying about whether we knew the exact time of the announcement!  

I'm looking forward to it and enjoying the froth as much as anyone, but I am not expecting anything that's going to rock my world.  Having said that, redbox blindsided me brilliantly last week with the Collett suburbans, so you never know!

It's so different to when I were a lad, and dinosaurs yet roamed the earth.  Back then, you eagerly awaited the publication of Triang and Hornby Dublo's catalogues, and were happy with what they condescended to produce, which were very limited ranges compared to nowadays.  Now, we demand specific models in specific liveries loudly and complain when we don't get them yesterday, and there is a feeling that we can actually influence production by wishlisting.  

Kids today, don't know they're born.  We used to walk 400 mile cross freezing moor to 't pit...

If Andy is privy to any information of that sort, he has to keep it to himself. If he told us he'd have to kill us...

I know that just interesting how each company operates and imagine the rush to get photos and text on at the allotted announcement time for people waiting back home.

Never mind al the froth. Get the Facts. Bachmann announce BR A2/1 

Bachmann announce BR A2/2

Bachmann announce BR A2/3

Bachmann announce BR B16/1

Bachmann announce BR B16/2

Bachmann announce BR B16/3

But no BR  J6 again. well P*****d Off.

:senile: BR Eastern Region modeller  :senile:

I think that could be viewed as a wish list rather than speculation.  :D

All the same, there is sense in it, especially with regard to the A2s. Bachmann has produced a Peppercorn A2 and is (we trust) working on a V2. I am not suggesting that there are many common parts, other than tenders and odds and ends, but Bachmann will at least be familiar with the problems of big Pacifics and trailing trucks. If Bachmann were to produce one of these, it would be producing a big, glamorous loco and generate a lot of excitement. After all, Hornby has grabbed the LMS Pacifics, the A4s and Gresley A1/A3s and Bachmann has the Peppercorn Pacifics. These A2s are the only Pacifics left apart from the solitary examples: Thompson’s A1 and Churchward’s Great Bear.

A week may be a long time in politics but not in railway modelling. If Bachmann does decide to announce one or more of these, it will have to appear quickly. If not, a re-invigorated and aggressive Hornby might well knock one out first.

Perhaps a week is a long time in railway modelling after all. A week ago, would we have expected Hornby to make so many new model announcements and go head-to-head with other manufacturers?

Why not a B16? Except, perhaps, that Hornby might be better placed to judge if the pleas for a North Eastern loco translate into viable sales.
  • Like 1

Absolutely. We can’t thank Andy enough. I drew up a list of Hornby items of interest and when they are (supposed) to be released. It took ages and rammed home how much work Andy put into the announcement. He provides a better service to Bachmann and Hornby than they do themselves. Thank you again, Andy!

• RMweb Premium

For those souls waiting patiently for the announcement and to pass the time, I've started a list ready to cut n paste to save time tomorrow.

Nothing in it for me.

Brilliant - I'll be buying five.

Looks like they've ignored the SR. (Other railway companies are available)

Nice choice of number.

Not another bl££din pannier?

Never expected that!

Why couldn't they have done the flush fronted Peak?

I wish they would hurry up with the 158.

Is this due for release in 2020/2021?

Just another paint job

Wow!

Not more painted over windows.

I hope they'll release it in black next year.

That's a brave choice of prototype.

Why have they duplicated it?

Seriously impressed.

Are they doing coaches to match?

Never expected that.

When can I buy it?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

I'm normally up and about early for a cuppa. Yes, a quick look in here normally happens just to make sure things haven't fallen over or that there's been some overnight warfare. It was an easy question to knock off whist I was around.

• Like 2

Far better for business I'd have thought if on Monday they said no new models announced this year but but in feb the class 90 is out, in april the 24, in June the crane, in August the 158..etc

Sounds like a plan.

I speculate that they will produce a new model of some kind in OO scale. ;)

Hmmmmm....  

I find a bit of shunting has a very calming effect.

Ah, that's what you call it in South Wales  :sungum:

. If not, a re-invigorated and aggressive Hornby might well knock one out first.

There are plenty of contributors on here verging on that, by my calculation.  :angel:

Not another bl££din pannier?

I hope so. I reckon the 15xx would be a good follow on from the 94xx and it shares similar design characteristics of the USA tanks, which the Bachmann model was a little beauty.

You can even have red ones in industrial use for the current trend for industrial railways.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/taffytank/5211896820

Jason