Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

• RMweb Gold

Purely that my journey would have cost £150 (but I would have got a proper seat) and I couldn't guarantee getting there to get the info at 10.00 so I'm driving the PC and will inevitably have to sit through moans until I lose the will to live about by about 17.00. My next seat may be in the pub. :)

As late as that?

Must be time for a few of the generic 'Common User' freight wagons to be updated. ...Big gaps are some better and more varied Open wagons such as the LMS corrugated end 5-plank and and GW 51/2 plank types and LMS style vans which continued in production under BR...

I remain surprised that firstly it was the - extremely welcome - LNER designs of standard general merchandise opens and vans that Bachmann rolled out some years past, and secondly that these were not immediately followed by a matching LMS/BR wagon design selection much as you suggest. (What with Oxford Rail picking up the earlier LNER six plank open - again very welcome - the general merchandise wagon model selection in RTR OO is implausibly dominated by the LNER's designs.) Sadly I don't think Bach are likely to pursue this, as the imminent circa £20 price tag for their 4W wagons really isn't going to get a warm reception, in my opinion.

Chard - its at 8pm tonight so you can go and tend to the car or your garden.  Come back later tonight........

Oh, that's okay then, it gives me time to compile my Class 66 wishlist for the Oxford speculation topic.

Ooo Chard you ARE naughty......

....please don't make Andy Y have his meltdown today. He won't be able to tell us about the shiney things that aren't for us that we won't be able to get for a couple of years.

• RMweb Premium

Class 47 banger blue with headlights, non or steam heat/ETH, also never done a Stratford one.

Interesting how perceptions differ. Frankly I'm a bit fed up with Bachmann always producing Eastern Region numbered locos and coaches in the first batch of any model that had allocations across the country. Just look at the first batch of 47s, Mk1s, Mk2s, even the Mk2f were shown in the catalogue with M prefix yet they all appeared as Exxx.

They did choose a Western Region Class 47 namer D1671 THOR, oh but with a red backed nameplate as when allocated to Stratford. The there's the Rep 37s...

At an exhibition yesterday at Pratt's Bottom, yes really, the layout for youngsters to operate had a working Hornby giraffe car which made me and my two boys chuckle so.......

...more gimmicks please. It's supposed to be fun.

Flashing tail lights, detonators, arc flashes on 3rd rail stock - that type of thing. Some don't even need to be DCC operated, a trackside sensor could initiate.

• RMweb Gold

I remain surprised that firstly it was the - extremely welcome - LNER designs of standard general merchandise opens and vans that Bachmann rolled out some years past, and secondly that these were not immediately followed by a matching LMS/BR wagon design selection much as you suggest. (What with Oxford Rail picking up the earlier LNER six plank open - again very welcome - the general merchandise wagon model selection in RTR OO is implausibly dominated by the LNER's designs.) Sadly I don't think Bach are likely to pursue this, as the imminent circa £20 price tag for their 4W wagons really isn't going to get a warm reception, in my opinion.

I think Bachmann would be wise to just get the £20 wagon barrier out of the way, we all know it's going to happen sooner or later. After all, Hornby have been nudging it pretty hard with their better stuff (at RRP) for a while. Make the first one something really sought-after like a N.E.R 20T wooden hopper, and they'd get away with it easily.

If they choose the prototypes well and make a good job of them, they will sell.  

Also, IIRC, some early standard BR fitted vans were built with LNER underframes, so there's an easy "new" wagon with no need for any development work.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

Talking of Deltics - could we see a couple of new liveries to squeeze the last dregs out of the Bachmann tooling before the new competition arrives.  What liveries have they never done?

They've never done an unnamed green Deltic with SYP.

Just like they've never done a Class 44 with plain green nose.

• Like 1

Hi,

As Bachmann previously announced Multiple Units with passengers pre-fitted how about suitable multiple units with working destination displays?.

Bachmann also announced the first UK RTR controllable pantograph.

It has also reportedly integrated DCC lighting decoders into the circuit boards of the new Mk2 coaches (the ones with DCC lights).

The Chinese government wants industry to go up market so more melding of electronics with model railways could be a tick in the box for Kader.

How about Bachmann dip their toe in the water with a new Chinese designed DCC decoder (a Chinese company designed a low cost 32 bit Dual Core Microcontroller with integrated Wifi so they have their moments)?.

Regards

Nick (in Much Frothing awaiting the witching hour)

My next seat may be in the pub. :)

Save yourself the agony Andy..... Take laptop to pub....at 12 noon, publish the news.... at 12.01pm switch laptop off.....at 12.02pm partake of first pint of cider... about 11pm, remember to go home....

No matter what you or Bachmann say or do, there will still be all the same soul destroying comments....

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put in.... I really do appreciate what you do....