Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

Wasnt somebody rumoured to be doing a Class 86 a year or so back when those rumours talked of new 86 and 87 ? 

We have had the latter but what about the former?

OK - so Heljan are doing one but that is the early as built 86/0 and this was announced only very recently in comparison so could we see Bachmann step in with a quality 86/2 (and the models that would flow from that including the 86/1 sub-class on the Class 90 running gear).

Could be too close to the 90 release though for another AC loco but then again we might not see the 86 for 3 or 4 years.

Can I have an early named 86/2 in BR blue and an 86/3 or 86/4 in executive livery please?

Edited by ThaneofFife

Had another thought today after initially thinking the Class 85 will be rested for this year...…

Perhaps they might release an early BR blue version with TOPS numbers but with the original 4 digit illuminated head-code panel instead of the sealed beam lights of previous TOPS models 85026, 85101 and 85040 and no orange cant rail stripe putting in the early 1970s period. 

Or they could go the other way but less likely this year and do an 85/1 but in reality that's only a couple of transfers away for most people unlike the earlier suggestion which is different tooling.

Edited by ThaneofFife
  • Like 1

Had another thought today after initially thinking the Class 85 will be rested for this year...…

Perhaps they might release an early BR blue version with TOPS numbers but with the original 4 digit illuminated head-code panel instead of the sealed beam lights of previous TOPS models 85026, 85101 and 85040. 

Or they could go the other way but less likely this year and do an 85/1 but in reality that's only a couple of transfers away for most people unlike the earlier suggestion which is different tooling.

Am sure I can see a pantograph in that blurred image... an 86/2 and later associates derivatives would be great.

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if this info is buried somewhere in this thread

But what date in January is the Bachmann announcement of what is to come?

Its probably buried somewhere . 14th Jan 12 High Noon!

• RMweb Gold

That would be just typical wouldnt it - hope you have a Class 120 heading for the paint shops too then.....!!!!

Phil

I've got two craftsman kits in the Wings Phil, but they will need to wait. With a bit of luck the RTR versions will render them obsolete!

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Hornby have heard of Wales, though they have forgotten about it; the only RTR loco numbered for Tondu in my period is 2761.  But they got the livery wrong; they turned it out in unlined green 1942-8 G W R Egyptian serif whereas it was withdrawn and photographed at Swindon awaiting dismantling in 1950 in unlined black 1942-5 Caerphilly Works G W R plain 'grotesque' lettering austerity.  As the loco was painted at Caerphilly, it presumably carried the works' trade mark, a red reversing lever; mine does, though usually faces the wrong way for anyone to see it!

A no.10 boiler would be a boon to any GW/early WR period South Wales modeller.  Rebuilt Taff A, rebuilt Taff 04, rebuilt Rhymney S...

Er..not quite.Their latest Castle 5013 is and was a Landore engine.

• RMweb Gold

Well, this is a Bachmann thread. I wonder....?

A Bulldog? Not too difficult; a bit of a no-brainer, really.

A Buffalo? Nice little saddletank?

A 633 class?

Or, a M&SWJR galloping Gertie?

Wagons. Sequentially numbered PO wagons, say Stephenson Clarke, Cambrian, Wm. Cory, Nixons. Problem is, getting the numbers. They only made about 750,000 of the things in real life....

Ian.

Am sure I can see a pantograph in that blurred image... an 86/2 and later associates derivatives would be great.

I'd have thought the catalogue image if it is wearing a coathanger would be the 90 as it is coming out next year.  Hopefully.

I have an itchy feeling Hornby will blag the 86/2 (and /1) and that Bachmann will announce an 81, probably next year after the 90 has hit the shelves, as the 81 can make use of the 85 chassis more or less as is.  

On the wagon front, a Midland D299 open would make sense?

62,000 built between 1882 and 1900, with examples cropping up in yards all over the UK and many no doubt surviving well beyond the grouping.

Added to the fact they've produced a MR liveried 4F and a MR 20T brake van, it seems logical...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A 00 gauge catalogue eh !!?! .......... wonder how easy it is to convert to EM ......................................................

You need to add few extra pages old chap. A bit thinner than 18.2 mm. Mind you, the P4 version has a fully compensated spine. Naturally, you bind it yourself.....

The latest Farish publication is A5 this year....

• RMweb Gold

A 00 gauge catalogue eh !!?! .......... wonder how easy it is to convert to EM ......................................................

Shouldn't be too hard undo the staples move them out wards the normal amount and re-staple.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Does it not look like a deltic? Lime green lower band and yellow front?

Ive gottwo Deltic christmas cards this year... one from Ireland and one from Barwell.

Though I prefer the one from Ireland, as it has two Deltics on it. ;)

post-20773-0-32967400-1546640352_thumb.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4