Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

I hope so. I reckon the 15xx would be a good follow on from the 94xx and it shares similar design characteristics of the USA tanks, which the Bachmann model was a little beauty.

You can even have red ones in industrial use for the current trend for industrial railways.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/taffytank/5211896820

Jason

"A good follow on from the 94xx"!!!! How far into the future are you looking?! Have you seen a Bachmann 15xx in an episode of Star Trek, or something?

"A good follow on from the 94xx"!!!! How far into the future are you looking?! Have you seen a Bachmann 15xx in an episode of Star Trek, or something?

Maybe I'm not as impatient as others...

I reckon someone will do one eventually and I would think it more likely to come from Bachmann than anyone else.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

I know that just interesting how each company operates and imagine the rush to get photos and text on at the allotted announcement time for people waiting back home.

It would be interesting to have the skinny on this process, but if Andy told you he'd have to kill you. and if you'd told me he'd have to kill me as well, so I cannot approve of the concept...

There has to be a degree of confidentiality that must be respected by the hobby press as the companies, quite rightly, reserve the right to make announcements whenever they feel it is best for them, and their purpose is primarily to pay dividends to their shareholders, who have to be kept happy more than we do.  Of course, that's a balancing act as the best profits are made by keeping us happy; this is how investement led free enterprise business in a capitalist economy works.  If we were party to Bachmann/Kader's announcement process prior to it's taking place, then so would Hornby, Oxford, Heljan, Dapol, Hattons etc be, and anyone else whose interests would be better served by this knowledge at the expense of Bachmann/Kader.

I agree, it would be of interest to know exactly how the system works, but after the event on a sort of 'now it can be told' basis, but even this would have to be carefully monitored by Bachmann (or insert company of your choice at the time of their announcement) in order not to give too much away in the way of hints.  It's the sort of thing you might expect to find in an owner's club magazine or company blog.  

It is relevant, I think, to mention that planned future models that are not actually in any sort of physical existence yet have to be kept under wraps to some extent as information of too detailed a nature may have consequences for the competitve market in China in providing production and assembly facilities; those people are in business to make a fair profit as well and rightly expect their confidences to be kept.

If this leads to pleasant surprises like Hornby's prairie and suburbans, I'm all for it!

Edited by The Johnster

• RMweb Gold

I'll chuck in my last tuppence....

Western. A bit further along the gestation with the tank we can't speak about.

A new lightweight 4-4-0, which I spoke about last week or so.

Southern  A G6? Strangely, I'm still thinking about the LBSCR K.

Something Scottish from our friends north of the wall. Fireless Barclay 0-6-0.

Usual wagons, vans & re-done coaches.

And, a bit left field, I'd guess a NG16 Garrett, Welsh Highland railway.

Coming up fast from the distance, North Staffordshire Railway No2.

There, that's it.....

Ian.

Walk? We 'ad to crawl on our bleeding hands and scabby knees...

"Knee's" Yer lucky you ad knees! I had to chop off both me legs. One t'd chuck on fire to keep models warm afore putting on the paint, t'other I'd sold tut butcher to raise some cash tut buy new controller fer train set.

Knowing my luck, it'll be none or all of the following:

• Metropolitan Railway E class loco
  • United States Army Transportation Corps S160 loco and/or War Department Austerity 2-10-0 loco
  • Hunslet locos Linda & Blanche
  • Rolling stock to go with the above
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Settle down, now, Rob, or there'll be tears before bedtime...  

I find a bit of shunting has a very calming effect.

Any more of that and it will be a trip to see Matron and her cold spoon......

• RMweb Gold

"Knee's" Yer lucky you ad knees! I had to chop off both me legs. One t'd chuck on fire to keep models warm afore putting on the paint, t'other I'd sold tut butcher to raise some cash tut buy new controller fer train set.

Legs! Yer lucky you ad legs!  I had to sell me sister's legs to buy crumb o' bread, one crumb between 4 million of us, mind. 

Fire! Yer lucky you ad fire!  We ad to uddle round fag end painted red to mek it look as if it wor burnin.  We was 'appy, mind, well, not so much 'appy as miserable as sin, but that were bein 'appy back then, weren't it?

Tell that ter kids terday, they don't believe yer!

• RMweb Gold

Legs! Yer lucky you ad legs!  I had to sell me sister's legs to buy crumb o' bread, one crumb between 4 million of us, mind. 

Fire! Yer lucky you ad fire!  We ad to uddle round fag end painted red to mek it look as if it wor burnin.  We was 'appy, mind, well, not so much 'appy as miserable as sin, but that were bein 'appy back then, weren't it?

Tell that ter kids terday, they don't believe yer!

Johnster! You didn't mention the X**X did you? I nearly mentioned it earlier, but I think I got away with it...*

• RMweb Gold

I hope so. I reckon the 15xx would be a good follow on from the 94xx and it shares similar design characteristics of the USA tanks, which the Bachmann model was a little beauty.

You can even have red ones in industrial use for the current trend for industrial railways.

Jason

I would buy one of those. One even managed to get onto a passenger working from Wolverhampton to Stratford via Worcester after attention at Stafford Road works. Wonder if it was four non-corridor bow-end coaches? Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 1

not read the whole thread so this might have been covered but on the Rails website they are showing a blurred front cover for the 2019 Bachmann/farish range.

first up has it followed in the past that the mage on the cover is always one of a brand new model?

if so that blurry image definitely looks like a diesel or electric with a yellow front............could be railfreight distribution but could also be executive livery.  very hard to suss.  Or are these blurry images total red herrings?

Imagine if Bachmann kicked back with their own Class 87.   fight fight fight...…..

Edited by ThaneofFife

not read the whole thread so this might have been covered but on the Rails website they are showing a blurred front cover for the 2019 Bachmann/farish range.

first up has it followed in the past that the mage on the cover is always one of a brand new model?

if so that blurry image definitely looks like a diesel or electric with a yellow front............could be railfreight distribution but could also be executive livery.  very hard to suss.  Or are these blurry images total red herrings?

Imagine if Bachmann kicked back with their own Class 87.   fight fight fight...…..

I did wonder this as Heljan have announced a new 86 but no specific identities for the models. Is this so they can avoid a number /name clash with another supplier?

Probably not!

Mark

SECR D class, 57XX/8750 Pannier and a Stanier 2-6-2t are my guesses.

One thing which niggles about the D class is that there have been so many requests that no-one will tackle it because of the fear that someone else is bound to. We shall have to model our birdcages with people hanging out of the windows shouting at the unfortunate driver of a C or P, “Hurry up! I’ll miss my connection!”

• RMweb Gold

Jason

Another reason for me getting a 15xx. I nearly got wiped out by one at that very spot, I think in the 1966/7 winter. A group of us from a club i was in had arranged to go underground at Coventry Colliery on the Maintenance shift to have a look at the machinery and conditions on the coalface. 

We had to drive across a couple of the tracks to get to the pit head building we were to meet up in but unfortunately our driver didn't see the loco in the dark and we nearly ended up having a confrontation between the car and a 15xx.

The crescendo of speculation should now have passed its zenith....Let us return now to calmer times with speculation on whether and when whatever is  announced will ever appear and truly be available.

One thing which niggles about the D class is that there have been so many requests that no-one will tackle it because of the fear that someone else is bound to. We shall have to model our birdcages with people hanging out of the windows shouting at the unfortunate driver of a C or P, “Hurry up! I’ll miss my connection!”

Perhaps but then we've recently been shown a duplicated effort on the Terrier, and the Adams Radial before that, so I wouldn't rule the D out entirely on that basis. In some ways it's a logical next step for Bachmann since they have some coaches for it to haul. If Bachmann don't do it Hattons might follow up their P Class. Perhaps if they do the D we may see a new set of running numbers on the SECR liveried coaches to keep tapping that market. I'd buy another three, that being the case.

I'd like to see them do an SECR brake van.

• Like 1

The crescendo of speculation should now have passed its zenith....Let us return now to calmer times with speculation on whether and when whatever is  announced will ever appear and truly be available.

Waiting for Bacho - by Samuel Beckett

• Like 2

Perhaps if they do the D we may see a new set of running numbers on the SECR liveried coaches to keep tapping that market. I'd buy another three, that being the case.

So would I. Fingers (or, in the case of some members of this forum, legs) crossed. A D and six Birdcages! Yum, yum!

• Like 1