Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

Even though I think they will do the D class, the thing in the back of my mind is their reluctance to do a rerun of the C class in SECR lined livery because of the difficulties that were encountered last time despite its overwhelming success.

Edited by GWR8700
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

if so that blurry image definitely looks like a diesel or electric with a yellow front............

The choice of steam engines with a yellow front is quite limited..........................

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Even though I think they will do the D class, the thing in the back of my mind is their reluctance to do a rerun of the C class in SECR lined livery because of the difficulties that were encountered last time despite its overwhelming success.

Which is disappointing given the resale values when they do emerge on the second hand market. Its well recorded that quite a few missed out first time round despite pre-ordering due to erroneous stock distribution and even though the price would have to increase a fair bit for a re-release, they would not struggle to sell.

Here goes from me (I'll try to keep it reasonably brief):

Diesel:

Re-tool of the 45/46 to include flush front and sealed beam headlight, with possible 45106 release (i.e. 'heritage' Tinsley green).

WIPAC 37 tooling (to complement the class 20s and nuclear flask range)

New model - maybe an 06?  With Bachmann gradually delving into class 97s, 97804 as a possible...

Electric:

An 86... despite Heljan's recent announcement, I feel there are plenty of liveries which were never released, giving Bachmann time to 'grab' the model.

I also think the 92 is a possibility - duplication seems to happen quite often these days but in some respects I hope I am wrong.

Multiple Units:

No new DMU but possibly a Class 207 DEMU, to complement the 205.  Not sure a centre coach for the 205 is likely (yet).

I think a 387 EMU could also be proposed, given the wide range of use and especially as the GWML is now electrified and the GWR green branding seems popular.  That said, high costs of a 4 car may mean it does not yet happen.

Coaches:

I am not sure a new passenger coach as such is likely but the Motorail van might be a possibility.

I suspect DCC'ing of coaches may continue and possibly be extended to the Mk1 range.

Wagons:

With Dapol releasing the Class 59 soon, I suspect Bachmann may try to 'grab' at least one of the Mendip wagons - no investment of a loco required!

Liveries:

Except standard liveries, I would not be surprised with (possibly as Rep limited editions):

Class 25 - ETHEL Blue/Grey... to get in before Heljan...

Class 45 - 45106 (Tinsley green) if they go ahead with a re-/newly tooled Class 45

Class 47 - Fragonset black or ROG blue

47004 in heritage 2-tone green, named Old Oak Common (after OOC's closure last year, albeit the HST depot)

As a real wildcard - Blue Pullman 47s, possibly with a coach or two to match, keeping with the Blue Pullman theme of times gone by...

Class 66 - although many options exist, I would say 66723 / ZA723 'Chinook'

Whatever they produce, I am sure there will be something for most people.  It would be good to see progress on currently announced models in development though I suspect Bachmann's current factory status may hold back new models altogether - just concentrating on current programmes and re-liveries.

Cheers,

Ixion.

• Like 1

Bachmann announce a new scheme for armchair moaners. Free flights to China to produce whatever model you want, however niche. All you have to do, is source your own tooling. Manufacture it yourself (yes, spend days with hundreds of parts, gluing them in perfectly) and then bring it back with you through customs. Once the lucky armchair moaner has seen just how damned hard everyone works at every level to produce the very best model, they announce on RMWeb of their fantastic experience and show a photo of their niche model. For someone to come along and say, the handle bar needs to be 0.2 mm further up and oh, no, I dont like that shade of black. 

A great scheme I think?! 

• Like 7

Hi,

This is real guess - a Bulleid style 2-EPB EMU - I doubt there is much CAD that can be carried over from the Bulleid coaches but it would build on the Eastern Division roster of Bachmann 4 CEP, MLV, BR 2-EPB and BR 2-HAP.

At least Kader will have had experience Tampo printing the curved sides of the Bulleid coaches before tackling the similarly curved sides of the Bulleid style 2-EPB EMU. However its probably not suitable for the low profile mechanism under development (I don't think there is much clutter under the Driving Trailer to hide the second coreless motor).

The above is not top of my wish list but it is on it which is why it came to mind.

Regards

Nick

The catalogue picture is one of these...

640px-C%26O_No._490_%22Hudson%22_Steam_L

Photo Wiki Commons by Steven Fine.

:jester:

Jason

I wondered what it really was, then I realised:

Slowly it wander, — pauses, — creeps, —

Anon it sparkles, — flashes and leaps;

And ever as onward it gleaming goes

A light on the Bong-tree stems it throws.

And those who watch at that midnight hour

From Hall or Terrace, or lofty Tower,

Cry, as the wild light passes along, —

"The D0ng! — the D0ng!

"The wandering D0ng through the forest goes!

"The D0ng! the D0ng!

"The D0ng with a luminous Nose!"

Mr Edward Lear

(I had to substitute a "0" for an "o" as the Net Nanny gets upset by the word "")

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

As I build up my hope, but prepare myself to be disappointed, my list of ‘I can believe they have never released’ as they should be at least part variants on something they either have or at least have CAD models for and all should? Sell well

Class 45 flush front with/without headlights - PLEASE!!

Class 37 scottish steam heat numerous variations.

Class 47 banger blue with headlights, non or steam heat/ETH, also never done a Stratford one.

Class 47 Large Logo Scottish variations.

Class 101 Centre car

Class 150 derived EMUs - 317/8/9/20 plus 3rd Rail ones.

TTA tank variations LPG, small chemical - Caustic soda, molasses, liquid chlorine etc with some vaguely clever tooling endless options.

Final plea - completely new tooling but think it would sell - good spec 07 series tamper.