Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

I'd just like them to state categorically whether or not previously announced models such as the revised J72 and V2 will ever actually be made.

I would doubt any company would do that.  Extended development and production times and unplanned "diversions" like factory moves make for very fluid timescales and it no doubt lots of revisions to the plan.  Without any firm statement It'll still be their intention to revise these models but just how long that'll take is anyones guess.

• RMweb Premium

A few models that I would like to see produced are: 37407 in modern BR Large Logo livery, 47749 in Colas livery (to go with 47727), 47815 in ROG livery, a WCRC Maroon 57/3 and a GA White 90. 

In terms of DMUs I would like to see some further announcements of liveries on the 158s including: Northern Rail old purple livery, Northern Rail new white livery and the FGW Local Lines livery. 

In terms of new tooling I would be interested in seeing MK5s and DVTs in TPE livery, Class 195s and Class 331s in Northern livery. 

Also some NR Yellow stock with the new MK2 and DBSO tooling would be nice. 

• RMweb Premium

A few models that I would like to see produced are: 37407 in modern BR Large Logo livery, 47749 in Colas livery (to go with 47727), 47815 in ROG livery, a WCRC Maroon 57/3 and a GA White 90. 

In terms of DMUs I would like to see some further announcements of liveries on the 158s including: Northern Rail old purple livery, Northern Rail new white livery and the FGW Local Lines livery. 

In terms of new tooling I would be interested in seeing MK5s and DVTs in TPE livery, Class 195s and Class 331s in Northern livery. 

Also some NR Yellow stock with the new MK2 and DBSO tooling would be nice.

Fancy Mk5s but not at £64 a pop and £89 for a DVT in the style of the Mk2fs . Much rather have Hornby do it . It would likely be developed/manufactured faster too .

• RMweb Premium

What "bit" of the Southern had Schools and T9s?

Asking for a friend in Hastings.

Waterloo - Portsmouth via Haslemere!

That route only got 3rd rail in 1937 and before that, a batch of 10 schools class locos were allocated to Fratton from new to work the heaviest trains.

After 1937 those schools locos moved further west to Bournemouth and put in some good work on the SWML

Waterloo - Portsmouth via Haslemere!

That route only got 3rd rail in 1937 and before that, a batch of 10 schools class locos were allocated to Fratton from new to work the heaviest trains.

After 1937 those schools locos moved further west to Bournemouth and put in some good work on the SWML

T9s went from Swanage to Salisbury via Ringwood and they may have passed some Schools class locomotives on the way. The Schools class was too heavy to run on the Swanage Railway before preservation.

I'd guess you'll still be stuck with the topfeed.

"We're the only game in town, and you're stuck with it, chum".

Of course, they might try to prove me wrong, and I will stand to be corrected.

Cheers,

Ian.

I'm hoping that as Dapol thought it was worth doing in 0 gauge then Bachmann or another manufacturer will see that as worthwhile in 00.  With the prices being what they are these days and the current 57xx being pretty decent with a bit of work I personally wouldn't bother if it still had a topfeed.

We'll see what happens though, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself as nothing has even been announced yet.

• RMweb Gold

Something I'd really like to see, and which would fit with the forthcoming 1P 0-4-4T, so aren't beyond the realms of possibility, would be some LMS panelled non-corridors.

They'd be nice to mix-and-match with the more modern equivalents made by Hornby, too.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ok lets have a go at this ........

Similar to my post re the Hornby releases - I'm gonna concentrate on modern image if you don't mind as that's what interested me and i dont want to make an arse of myself regarding steam).......

I dont think there will be much in the form of new models but if they were sensible and wanted to make a 'quick buck' then id concentrate on plain old BR Blue 47s - we've only had limited edition ones so far (aside from 47001 and the earlier 035 & 148) - so do a ETH fitted BR Blue one with a high intensity headlight which gives lots of potential for renumbering / renaming - heck even do it un-numbered.... I dont know why manufacturers dont like this idea and steer away from it - its bloody easy - you do 1000 of one type and then when its sold out, you just do another run - low cost and quick to release.

On the similar subject to above - a standard non red stripe Railfreight 47 - again, only Heljan did one of these a long time ago.  We had 301 but that was a unique livery .....

More up to date - Caledonian Sleeper 47, Latest style DRS 47 or 57 (non compass variation), ROG Class 47 ....

I think they may give the 37s a miss this year with maybe the odd renumber here or there - but make use of the split head code variation recently released - large logo scottish 37s always have a high demand or plain blue with the lower bodyside white stripe and scottie dog / westie ......

They could also do a standard release of the Europhoenix / ROG Class 37 - maybe 37800 or even one of 37/6s.

If they were to do a new model then the obvious choice is the 45 with sealed beam nose end but for some reason they dont seem to want to do this .....

Units is probably the way to go now for new tooling as there aren't many diesel or electric classes that haven't been done..... so for first gen units id love a Class 104 (especially the mexican bean) or for the more up to date modeller 319 or 175.  Tho id love a 318 in Strathclyde orange or a 455 in BR Blue/Grey ......

Re coaches - has to be more modern update date liveries on the Mk2f - DRS, Fife Circle SpotRail Coaches, Network Rail etc

There we go there's my two penneth ......... ill probably be totally wrong but its all a bit of fun isn't it ...

Edited by cambo74

Does anyone wonder why Bachy is knocking out so many rep. limited editions? Could it be a way of getting the most out of existing toolings without a big production run of one livery, which would sit on shelves when newly tooled 37s and 47s are announced?

I have a sneaky suspicion that it won’t be Bachmann releasing a new 37/47 tooling.... if I was a betting man, i’d Have a punt on Rapido doing one or the other...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

2019 Speculation....... Is this right?  Shouldn't it be at least 2023.Speculation..... 

It's 2018 (just) speculation about 2019 announcements, which if Tomparryharry's 94xx predictions are right will be about 2031 production...

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone wonder why Bachy is knocking out so many rep. limited editions? Could it be a way of getting the most out of existing toolings without a big production run of one livery, which would sit on shelves when newly tooled 37s and 47s are announced?

Probably because most people already have all the common/basic livery ones they need or want. It only seems to be the picky brigade who have anything against the current Bachy Duff, so how popular would a new one with a probable £140+ price tag (and another £90 or so with sound) actually be?

Me, I'm OK with the existing model, thanks, and quite hope there will be a new one so I can pick up a couple more of them cheaply.  :jester:

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's 2018 (just) speculation about 2019 announcements, which if Tomparryharry's 94xx predictions are right will be about 2031 production...

A release date of April 1 would seem appropriate given all the guff that's been aired about Bachmann possibly cancelling something which is clearly almost ready to go.

Given the time and grief that appears to be involved in them getting anything tooled in the first place, I can't see them wasting something that's already done.

John

B

Most likely that very few people are buying locos at £169.95, or even at 15% discount, so they are trying to reduce supply to push up prices.  RIko/Lima did it after the £19.99 extravaganza!  May be helping some shops because of the "regional" basis, but ultimately sensible pricing for Class 37's and 47's would be an optimal solution. 

Given the time and grief that appears to be involved in them getting anything tooled in the first place, I can't see them wasting something that's already done.

John

I would agree, but then how do you explain Heljan doing the Class 25/3, or Accurascale doing the Deltic?