Heljan Hymek - Zimo MX645R + Zimo LS40x20x09

boxbrownie

• RMweb Premium

Decided to jump before Crimble and fit sound to my new Hymek, looked around a bit and wanted to keep,it simple (no cutting, soldering, welding, hammering or swearing).

Ordered the above from Youchoos (not tried them before and wanted to try, excellent fast service BTW).

Body lifted off easy with four bits of plastcard between body and chassis after first pulling out the buffers, dead easy.

Plugged the eight pin Zimo in with a little bit of black tac on the chip to hold in place, same with speaker and capacitor.

Body would not quite fit down, so looking carefully it just needed the solder “tangs” onnthe PCB trimmed off almost flush (no problems doing it with good side cutters, or Xuron) and the speaker now layer dead flat, body slipped back on and sits perfectly.

Easiest installation I have ever done, well recommended.

post-6591-0-01713300-1545254083_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Decided to jump before Crimble and fit sound to my new Hymek, looked around a bit and wanted to keep,it simple (no cutting, soldering, welding, hammering or swearing).

Ordered the above from Youchoos (not tried them before and wanted to try, excellent fast service BTW).

Body lifted off easy with four bits of plastcard between body and chassis after first pulling out the buffers, dead easy.

Plugged the eight pin Zimo in with a little bit of black tac on the chip to hold in place, same with speaker and capacitor.

Body would not quite fit down, so looking carefully it just needed the solder “tangs” onnthe PCB trimmed off almost flush (no problems doing it with good side cutters, or Xuron) and the speaker now layer dead flat, body slipped back on and sits perfectly.

Easiest installation I have ever done, well recommended.

attachicon.gif5541366A-89B4-4074-811E-F96ED7F3BDD5.jpeg

You want to put in a Double Dumbo, the sounds will be amazingly better & Louder.     Charlie

• RMweb Premium

You want to put in a Double Dumbo, the sounds will be amazingly better & Louder. Charlie

I did think about that but they were out of stock at Youchoos, and I didn’t want to start soldering a different speaker onto the board, looking at the size it should fit, I might fiddle with it next year now........have to say though the sound from this set up is pretty good, and I am used to 7mm stuff with huge sound boxes and mega bass speakers fitted (although not the same of course).

BTW Charlie, received my Deltic back safe and sound, sounds better with the newer sound files, cheers matey.

Edited by boxbrownie

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 23/01/2019 at 13:34, Yorkshire Deltic said:

Just received my model of D7088 and was wondering if a double dumbo speaker will fit in the space available without any surgery as that is a step too far for my limited modelling skills.

I think it will as the DD is the same size (give or take) as the speaker I fitted, as I said I was going to use a DD but they were out of stock at the time.