Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Train Sim screenshots

LU_fan

• RMweb Premium

What’s are the error messages though? You shouldn’t need repeated reinstalls, that suggests some underlying issue.

Apologies for detracting from Jamie’s excellent screenshots, will have to fire up the computer and contribute!

I'd get TS2019 even if starting out - TSW only has three UK routes with no UK steam or electric.

I had the old MSTS, and liked the Japanese routes best, even with a bunch of British ones added on. Especially the one with the kiha units and switchbacks.

• RMweb Gold

I am very impressed with these. Very well done.

It's a simulator - do you drive the train and have to obay signals, keep time, etc?

Can a screen-grab be done from the drivers seat?

Can a trial be downloaded?

Kev.

I am very impressed with these. Very well done.

It's a simulator - do you drive the train and have to obay signals, keep time, etc?

Can a screen-grab be done from the drivers seat?

Can a trial be downloaded?

Kev.

You can in scenarios, but there's also a QuickDrive mode where you can just drive whatever you want from point A to point B without having to keep to a timetable. And then there's a freeroam mode too.

Screenshots can be taken from the drivers seat, yes.

No, not as far as I'm aware.

Demo wise I believe you can buy the game (Train Simulator 2019) off steam and it gives you a 2 hour slot.

That way if the game doesn’t work or it’s not for you , you can request a refund and it steam will give you the money back.

(I’ve done this for various games in the past and not had any issues getting the money back).

For tomorrow’s adventure I’m going to put up some class 67 shots bringing us back up to date.

Jamie

Edited by jamie.dunn

Recently purchased the Class 180 Adelante and thought I'd give it a quick try before calling it a day. Not my favorite units, and while in the cab the sounds clip like crazy. But they do look impressive.

post-15349-0-67654800-1546045506_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

How do you do the custom consists? I used to do that all the time in MSTS, when you just had the 'click and drag' consist editor, which was great, particularly when you could bypass brake mismatches and have Dash-9s on MGR trains and what not! Haven't bothered experimenting too much in Train Simulator, but would be good to mix up some of the intermodal trains a bit, as they're always homogenous rakes.

Digressing slightly, I enjoy UK Train Sim which has lots of free activities, re-skins of existing stock (including making the included containers real brands, adding Virgin logos to the plain pendolinos and EWS logos to missing wagons etc). You can do free downloads, although they're heavily throttled unless you pay, but a 1 month membership is cheap enough you can do it and download a load of content. You get plenty of warnings it's about to lapse should you forget anything!

How do you do the custom consists?

First, go to the Quick Drive menu, that's the easiest way. Then when you select what train you want to run, there should be a "Custom" option in the listing. Select that and away you go.

Edited by LU_fan

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys , hope everyone is well.

Bit of a bumper picture special on New Years Day.

First of all a little bit of GNER (I've always had a soft spot this simple yet effective livery).

post-18951-0-17745500-1546305564_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-88464300-1546305517_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-72818700-1546305634_thumb.jpg

Now we head over to wales for some Class 56 freight action. 

(Only one shot worth using for this one Sorry :/).

post-18951-0-05219800-1546305746_thumb.jpg

Finally we head up to Scotland for a Class 66 on a set of merry-go-round HHAs.

post-18951-0-94164600-1546305880_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-68575900-1546305913_thumb.jpg

While the 66 waits at a red signal we capture the Class 158 which is passing the train.

post-18951-0-75459000-1546306015_thumb.jpg

and finally the 158 passes the 66 on it's way to Edinburgh.

post-18951-0-28530200-1546306081_thumb.jpg

The main reason for tonight's photo heavy session is due to me starting back at work on the 2nd, Hopefully i'll still get shots out every evening but I can't make any promises.

Regards 

Jamie 

Edited by jamie.dunn
  • Like 4

Here we see Scots Guardsman ( Pretending to be one of its long lost sisters) Running 'The Royal Scot' railtour between Blackpool North and Preston, Before another driver takes over the next spell down to Euston...

post-18951-0-07170600-1546389036_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-00381300-1546389061_thumb.jpg

And finally a quick shot at Preston.

post-18951-0-93317100-1546389106_thumb.jpg

That's all for today guys, More soon

Jamie

• Like 4

I've just bought the beautiful Wherry Lines route, modern one, that depicts Norwich - Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft and captures Norfolk very nicely!

msg-34750-0-41609600-1546626544_thumb.jp

Much nicer than the supplied Class 37 and MK2 coaches!

• Like 6

I've just bought the beautiful Wherry Lines route, modern one, that depicts Norwich - Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft and captures Norfolk very nicely!

msg-34750-0-41609600-1546626544_thumb.jp

Much nicer than the supplied Class 37 and MK2 coaches!

Hi

Agree with you, a very nice area

Looks like a J15 in GER livery in your screenshot

Is this a download from the UKtrain sim site?

Thanks

Yes, the loco is a GER Y14 (Later LNER J15) from Steam Sounds Supreme. The coaches are GNR Coaches from Matrix Trains, available on the 'Marketplace' section of TS DLC.

The route is a payware route by Armstrong Powerhouse and can be purchased here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/376970/Train_Simulator_Wherry_Lines_Norwich__Great_Yarmouth__Lowestoft_Route_AddOn/

I bought it at half price.

It can also be purchased here;

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86&product_id=155

There are subtle differences between the two in as much as the Steam version of the route has no additional requirements but the scenarios have less interesting other traffic and the included stock lacks branding, whilst the AP version has several additional payware requirements and the scenarios are more interesting as a result. If you already have all of the payware requirements then you're probably best buying the AP version, but if (Like me) you don't then the Steam version represents the better package. Obviously if the steam one is reduced then I recommend going for that one.

Here are some of the official screenshots from the steam product page:

ss_75f47c5374d10e76290b4e88a09505e40b938

ss_1a4d801aee779de5aee4d2bff5699466feba1

ss_f4fbfc449380af0d9823f2ace799e31da4be2

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I was musing on a lot of the third party content yesterday, but with Steam doing regular sales it’s just a bit expensive, I’d like the Voyager and the class 60, but not enough to pay full price for them, particularly when the scenarios are a bit lacklustre IMO.

I was going to set up some screenshots yesterday, I thought a 92 on some containers approaching Rugby would be good, when I went in I noticed I’ve only got grey 92s. There used to be an option for those with EWS beasties logos, but it looks like they’ve removed that livery. Bit sneaky. As so much third party content lacks EWS branding I assume it’s DB protecting their (acquired) IP.