Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Train Sim screenshots

LU_fan

Is that your reskin of the tender? If so is there a chance of you making it publicly available? If it's not yours then where is it available?

Hi yes I did it today.  I haven't created a new tender though, just used what was there and backed up the two files I edited. You can have those two if you wish (one if just a transparent BR emblem or almost and the other is the tender graphic). I have included some instructions in the zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rSI6U3PSpX3YwetlhLfBUN6GZwnYfleS/view?usp=sharing

A download icon will appear on the top-right corner of your screen.

I hope you enjoy it.

I haven't quite got the right font yet but I keep searching. 

post-35619-0-55611400-1547950342.jpg

Edited by Model Railway Noob

I do get a teensy bit disheartened some times that the designers for some of the games seem have gone out of their way to make it as hard as possible to enjoy yourself.

For instance, was chugging along happily in GT3 and the train derails for literally no reason. Start again, and the train puts on the emergency brakes because presumably I passed a signal at danger (fine, I should have been watching out for them) but could I get the brakes off? Nope. Start again, train does not derail or brake randomly but pop ups on screen actually obscure the controls long enough for me to drive into buffers.

Gave up on GT3. Tried an S160 scenario. Which got me all the way to the end before directing me into a platform at my destination which was already occupied...

Tried the Maerdy scenarios and could even get the darn thing to move...

Tried the 7F scenario where you’re running the west Somerset Santa special. Failed me for not picking up passengers despite the fact that it didn’t tell me to pick up passengers or how to pick up passengers...

I love these sims, they look beautiful and create wonderful views of thing sno longer about, but my lord they could be easier :)

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

"Tried the Maerdy scenarios and could even get the darn thing to move..."

You might already have tried this but I had a problem with a loco that wouldn't move with more than one coach and Dan suggested I press 'J' and it worked.

The bugs are very frustrating. That's why I often just drive them for relaxation. I fall asleep on longer routes and fail for speeding.

Thank you! I'll install it later. I'd got as far as removing the BR Crest but never got around to the rest of it.

I was tempted to remove the number on the loco but the Mogul called for individual digits to make up the number so all of them would have to be made transparent or blacked out possibly. It would then theoretically be possible to put in a new number directly onto the loco body. I'm not sure if the sim would place the numbers (blacked out or transparent), over the top which would obscure it as that seems to be called  in the code but i may be wrong. If it is in the configuration file, it could be done from there.

• Like 1

"Tried the Maerdy scenarios and could even get the darn thing to move..."

You might already have tried this but I had a problem with a loco that wouldn't move with more than one coach and Dan suggested I press 'J' and it worked.

The bugs are very frustrating. That's why I often just drive them for relaxation. I fall asleep on longer routes and fail for speeding.

From recollection (and to help out others who may have the same problem) I seem to r call that I needed to press ‘L’ to ‘unlock’ either the brakes or the regulator from their starting position

That route is much nicer with an ROD-Liveried (or GER Liveried) Y14 Crossing it...

I think I might use it as the basis for an ROD test-route - The flatlands of Norfolk might look a bit continental if modified.

• RMweb Gold

I absolutely love this loco

Thanks for posting these shots - especially the in cab view.

It alone might just get me to buy the software. TrainSim is it?

Kev.

• Like 1

That route is much nicer with an ROD-Liveried (or GER Liveried) Y14 Crossing it...

I think I might use it as the basis for an ROD test-route - The flatlands of Norfolk might look a bit continental if modified.

Yes the countryside bits would look good on it and not unlike Northern France and Belgium.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've just been on the dovetailgames.com and found this:-

post-12815-0-22525400-1548527458_thumb.png

They have 9 photos in the Gallery at the bottom of the page. I recognised the places!

I'm sold but it seems a bit steep but my time, my commute, my home - how can I resist?

£25 quid for the Add-on but what else do I need?

Kev.

• Like 1

It's a new simulator called Train Sim World, which is required to run the addon.

I'd be careful with this - Only two other British addon routes are available, with one British addon loco, these being the Great Western Mainline (Circa 2017, comes with Classes 43, 166 and 66) the West Somerset Railway (Comes with Classes 09 and 47. No Steam) and the loco being a Class 33 in BR Green.

Nothing else British is available as of yet and there is no route or scenario editor available to the public.

• RMweb Gold

So it looks like TSW will be taking over from TS?

TSW, on the dovetailgames website, is £39.99.

Microsoft have it for £24.99 but it is for xBox.

This webpage does, however, have a bit of a trailer though…

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/train-simulator-world/9nv7ww3kfv6v?cid=msft_web_collection&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I hear that, from time to time, discounts are available.

Kev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hard to say. They certainly seemed to be putting everything into TSW, but it first came out at least 2 years ago, and whilst there’s been a trickle of new content it really is just that.

Meanwhile they did a comparatively large update for TS2019, and there’s a lot more content.

Ive been tempted to try TSW, but there’s so much stuff on Train Simulator that I’d start there myself.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks but, and it's a big but, I want the "Northern Trans-Pennine".

Has any of the TSW stuff been made available for TS2019, 18, etc?

Kev.

• RMweb Premium

Nope, it’s an entirely different platform.

I’m not aware of the Manchester-Leeds route being available for TS, but it could be. You can definitely get the Woodhead and Settle-Carlisle routes.

• RMweb Gold

Well, yesterday I accidentally joined Steam, bought TSM and spent many hours downloading it and the Transpennine route.

This morning I accidentally completed Tutorial #1 and started #2.

Here's a screen grab.

post-12815-0-44274800-1548661140_thumb.jpg

(I will have to learn how to do it properly!)

I am very impressed but with a couple of provisos.

Before buying the software I was worried that the simulation would "pollute" what was left of my memories of the time.

For example, the screen shot of the 101 in the bay at Stalybridge (usually used for the Stockport-Stalybridge shuttle) is unmistakeably at Stalybridge and it looks "right" but a few "errors in detail" immediately jumped out at me.

The centre siding is on the wrong side, the waiting room on platform 2/3 is missing, I never ever saw a brute at Stalybridge. Don't get me wrong, I love the software and I am going to learn a lot. I am very pleased and the tutorials are very good too.

(What can I learn from the software? I will use the knowledge gained to make that controller I've always wanted with the controls based on a Diesel loco.)

:)

Kev.

• Like 2

You can get Leeds to Manchester with a peak, 101 and blue 47 aswell now.

(Sorry didn’t read the above posts).

Back to TS 19 after a little while I’ve got more pics to upload later :).

Jamie

Edited by jamie.dunn
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well, I am still enjoying TSM but can't get past Ashton, with the 101 unit, on the 2nd tutorial - (gear changes and too many SPADS)!

Those comments about small differences, between my memory and the Sim, I needent have worried.

The sim accuracy (scenery) isn't very high. At Stalybridge, for example, the SignalBox is not right and the junction is all wrong.

Still, it's a nice suprise when they do get a building detail spot on!

Kev.

well after starting work again my TS time has been limited but time for a quick update...

First of all a personal fav of mine, the Stirling single on the nymr.

post-18951-0-16893400-1548715599_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-81467400-1548715676_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-35233100-1548715712_thumb.jpg

and now for something a little more modern, A couple of shots in bristol. 

post-18951-0-77117000-1548715831_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-36988300-1548715885_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-93637700-1548715971_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-68776500-1548716004_thumb.jpg

post-18951-0-50152900-1548716054_thumb.jpg

thats all for now.

more soon 

Jamie 

• Like 4