Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Train Sim screenshots

LU_fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Goodness me! Long time, no speak! How are you?

I don't suppose you'd be interested in this, would you?

https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=39190

It was kindly made for the Railway Operating Division project (a currently stalled project of which I'm a part) by Victory Works. Hopefully an ROD route will materialise at some point this summer.

22 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

Goodness me! Long time, no speak! How are you?

I don't suppose you'd be interested in this, would you?

https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=39190

It was kindly made for the Railway Operating Division project (a currently stalled project of which I'm a part) by Victory Works. Hopefully an ROD route will materialise at some point this summer.

Hi and yes good thanks. I have been very lazy since Christmas spending a lot of time flying in X-Plane 11. I am working on some 9.2" railways guns for my layout finally and noticed Just Trains had just released a UK military wagon pack with the warflats and warwells; albeit for more modern transport but I couldn't resist adding some to a ROD.

I have just downloaded the pack needed for the download above and noticed that they have a Y14, so I've downloaded that too.

I saw an image recently showing a McIntosh 0-6-0 as a Belgian type 30 pulling the Boche Buster in France in 1918. It was black of course. 

Hopefully soon I can provide a Western Front route for you!

I also recommend these downloads, also created to assist the project:

http://ajrailsim.free.fr/guerre14-18.htm

And from here - http://ajrailsim.free.fr/objets.htm

Namely:

- Locomotive à vapeur 220C145 PLM Coupe-vent

- Voitures à 3 essieux des chemins de fer belges

- Locomotive à vapeur française série PO5300

- Voitures et wagons français Époque I

Finally, there's the GWR 4300 and 2301 from Digital Traction (unfortunately they're both Khaki, which as far as I'm aware is wrong) and the CR 294 and LBSCR E4 (in correct ROD Black and more dubious P-Class inspired green respectively.) from Caledonia Works (as well as the ROD 2-8-0 of course!).

Hopefully that is all of use! I'll try and get some kind of demo route together soon-ish.

19 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

Hopefully soon I can provide a Western Front route for you!

I also recommend these downloads, also created to assist the project:

http://ajrailsim.free.fr/guerre14-18.htm

And from here - http://ajrailsim.free.fr/objets.htm

Namely:

- Locomotive à vapeur 220C145 PLM Coupe-vent

- Voitures à 3 essieux des chemins de fer belges

- Locomotive à vapeur française série PO5300

- Voitures et wagons français Époque I

Finally, there's the GWR 4300 and 2301 from Digital Traction (unfortunately they're both Khaki, which as far as I'm aware is wrong) and the CR 294 and LBSCR E4 (in correct ROD Black and more dubious P-Class inspired green respectively.) from Caledonia Works (as well as the ROD 2-8-0 of course!).

Hopefully that is all of use! I'll try and get some kind of demo route together soon-ish.

Thanks for these links. I agree that the khaki colouring in those and used by model companies for RODs seems to be very wrong. I own a lot of railways books covering WWI and the ROD and all were black and grey (so far). In discussions about colours only black and grey ae mentioned by the authors. I understand khaki was tried in England but they would not have had ROD numbers on the tenders. I think Hornby are about to make the same mistake with a ROD locomotive. The P class locomotives may have gone over in green but they didn't perform well so were brought back the following year. I haven't seen conclusive proof of this but Hattons were of that opinion. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Model Railway Noob said:

Thanks for these links. I agree that the khaki colouring in those and used by model companies for RODs seems to be very wrong. I own a lot of railways books covering WWI and the ROD and all were black and grey (so far). In discussions about colours only black and grey ae mentioned by the authors. I understand khaki was tried in England but they would not have had ROD numbers on the tenders. I think Hornby are about to make the same mistake with a ROD locomotive. The P class locomotives may have gone over in green but they didn't perform well so were brought back the following year. I haven't seen conclusive proof of this but Hattons were of that opinion. 

Have you seen this?

Digital Traction website: 70 percent off all items we sell. Please enter “DTmay” in your cart.

Going to get the Dean Goods too.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Model Railway Noob said:

Thanks for these links. I agree that the khaki colouring in those and used by model companies for RODs seems to be very wrong. I own a lot of railways books covering WWI and the ROD and all were black and grey (so far). In discussions about colours only black and grey ae mentioned by the authors. I understand khaki was tried in England but they would not have had ROD numbers on the tenders. I think Hornby are about to make the same mistake with a ROD locomotive.

Sadly only Bachmann seem to have definitely got it right. It's a shame - in most photos it seems pretty clear that they're a very dark colour and as you say the written references suggest black (or grey? I'd be interested to learn more here! Was that the Beyer Peacock Dutch tanks?). Actually I think the outside-cylinder version of these (NS 6100, the ROD ones were NS 6000) is available here - 

https://www.treinpunt.nl/forum/downloads/?sa=details;lid=7753

The P class locomotives may have gone over in green but they didn't perform well so were brought back the following year. I haven't seen conclusive proof of this but Hattons were of that opinion. 

I wonder if that's based on the SECR wartime livery of plain green. I think Hattons were following the Bluebell's example here, and unlike the Khaki it sort of makes sense - I think they were amongst the first to go over and were repainted at Ashford so it's at least a fair guess.

No excuse for it on Caledonia Works' E4 though, as far as I know.

Just downloaded these are they are pretty cool except the red and yellow. I understand the outsides were painted black by the ROD and this seems to be supported by the photographs I have seen.

Railway_gun_train.jpg

I agree.

Have you seen this?

Digital Traction website: 70 percent off all items we sell. Please enter “DTmay” in your cart.

Going to get the Dean Goods too.

Go for it! I've already got most of DT's stuff, and bought the last remaining loco (the Bulldog) yesterday. You're inspiring me to get on with an ROD route again now.

39 minutes ago, Model Railway Noob said:

The Dean Goods with some War Department rolling stock.

Dean_Goods_ROD.jpg

I was wondering about trying that! Just need to swap '53xx' for '23xx'...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...