Pikey

J P Models - more radio controlled vehicles in 1:76 scale

57 minutes ago, Pikey said:

Havent quite worked out how you join them up, but I've got more things to do before I can do that anyway.

An assembly video I watched for a different das87 kit showed them annealing a couple of brass parts with a gas torch, so they could be opened up and reformed around around other parts.

Could that be what's needed with the final track connection?

• Like 1

I think it'll be the same technique - slightly bend the one end outwards, and click the other end into it after filing the lugs down a touch. Its just how do you physically do that when the whole thing is joined in a circle. It might not be an issue, it just looks awkward to hold :) 

• Agree 1

Here's a much better video of the finished JCB Telehandler in action, now I've sorted my driving out a bit: :) 

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

A motorised Oxford LWB Landrover operating from a modified Lowfit.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 01/10/2019 at 14:01, Pikey said:

Here's a much better video of the finished JCB Telehandler in action, now I've sorted my driving out a bit: :) 

Looks superb. Very impressive

• Agree 1

For the next couple of weeks, I'm concentrating on fixing any little niggles and general maintenance on my existing fleet of vehicles, and driving practise before the Warley show. I may have time to finish the bulldozer and my DAF cab, but they're not priorities. I've already had two motors give up and one wheel fall off :D 

I am getting more confident driving the JCB now, hopefully close to presentation standard so that it simply looks like someone driving a real one. Unloading some wheelsets:

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1