Sound upload to a Zimo MX696

RichardSpoors

After 3 years I found a Project for my Zimo MX696V sound decoder. First, I updated the firmware with my MXLUF without difficulty. I downloaded a free soundfile from the Zimo website and loaded it onto my MXLUF stick. Following the MXLUF instructions carefully, I started the file upload process to the decoder. All seemed well. Then at 3% upload the red LED came on with a message saying "no answer", which I took to be feedback from the decoder to the MXLUF. I tried again after a reset to the MXLUF and resetting the decoder to its factory default. All to no avail. I seem to have a decoder with a fault in the flash memory that stores the sound files. Am I right?

Merry Christmas

Richard 

I suggest trying a different sound file,  doesn't really matter what it is,  but that would help separate "decoder fault" from "file fault" or other points of failure.  

Is the decoder connected directly (hard wired) to the MXLUF, or is it via loco wheels, pickups, etc ?    It might be a momentary loss of electrical contact.  

I suggest trying a different sound file,  doesn't really matter what it is,  but that would help separate "decoder fault" from "file fault" or other points of failure.  

Is the decoder connected directly (hard wired) to the MXLUF, or is it via loco wheels, pickups, etc ?    It might be a momentary loss of electrical contact.  

Hi Nigel, thanks. The decoder is hard wired, so no loss of contact. I have just tried a second sound file and sadly it failed after 1 second. I conclude it is a fault in the sound flash memory so it's off to Vienna to see what Zimo say.

Best wishes,

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nigel, thanks. The decoder is hard wired, so no loss of contact. I have just tried a second sound file and sadly it failed after 1 second. I conclude it is a fault in the sound flash memory so it's off to Vienna to see what Zimo say.

Best wishes,

Richard

I have found the service from Rail Exclusive to be second to none.

Mike

• Like 1