Users may see some delays in page loading whilst https protocols are implemented and worked around. We are monitoring this during peak periods. Thanks for your patience.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Hornby - New tooling - Large Prairie

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 tomparryharry

tomparryharry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationNewport, South Wales

Posted 13 January 2019 - 19:13

I suspect there is no one on RMweb who is unaware of the episode given the virtual pitchforks that come out anytime someone posts anything critical about a model to remind everyone that we shouldn't risk offending a manufacturer.

While I suspect I didn't get to see the issue, going to the opposite extreme and effectively banning any critique of a model diminishes the usefulness of what is supposed to be a discussion forum where experts can share their knowledge with those of us who are trying to learn.

Well, it is a discussion forum, after all. One thing is a sort of situation is being interrogative, whilst keeping the gloves on. I think it's easier to lead, than push the beast. Some of the best client/producer interaction has happened in the last 2 years, and long may it continue. From a modellers perspective, it seems we're getting pretty close to the time where modellers are starting to give constructive support to the hobby to the benefit of all. I guess it depends on how you pitch the question. Reasoned discussion, or smash & grab?

Ian.

• Agree x 3

#102 Ian Hargrave

Ian Hargrave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 20:42

I suspect there is no one on RMweb who is unaware of the episode given the virtual pitchforks that come out anytime someone posts anything critical about a model to remind everyone that we shouldn't risk offending a manufacturer.

While I suspect I didn't get to see the issue, going to the opposite extreme and effectively banning any critique of a model diminishes the usefulness of what is supposed to be a discussion forum where experts can share their knowledge with those of us who are trying to learn.

You obviously have an issue with this.That being the case,the course of action available to you is to pursue the matter further with an approach to those whose task is to moderate the workings of this forum.Presumably you will have read forum rules in which case sharp pointed instruments will be unnecessary..This is ....or ideally should be....a matter of common sense.
  • Friendly/Supportive x 2