Hornby - New tooling - Large Prairie

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps the question is more appropriately directed at Hornby.....who likely still have no answer themselves,considering,as Mike says,the fragility of the situation in China.Hopefully there will be no long term knock on effect.Fingers need to be crossed,I think 

• Agree 3

On 06/02/2020 at 08:00, Hal Nail said:

The horizontal line drawn through the cross head is above the centre of the axles in the top one.

On 06/02/2020 at 07:34, Footy said:

This is my first read of this thread having been prompted by by an update from Hattons to look first at the thread on Dapol's Prairies and then for comparison here.

I've studied this diagram and, apart from the coupling rod being at different places in its rotation, I can't see any difference between the two. I've no doubt you've explained this at some point but I tried to find it and failed.  Could you do so again, please?

Thanks in anticipation. 

Spot The Difference Competition?

image.png.d9e97311ccbe99d6ff344c32d7cd18f9.png

I'm shocked, shocked! that there appear to be some rivets missing as well. Round up the usual suspects.

:O

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Which is somebody having some remarkably ambitious ideas about and knowledge of the situation in China.  If you allow the usual shipping period from China it means the locos left the factory this week, or allowing for Hornby distribution probably last week, and i sincerely doubt both if what we are hearing about China is correct.   Of course it might be that the left before CNY which would have them being distributed a couple of weeks before Easter.

In reality i suspect it might have been a typical Hattons answer,   i.e. say what you think the customer would like to hear. 

Maybe @The Stationmaster Mike, initially they said late Spring and then changed it to Easter (mid April). I would have thought late Spring might be more realistic. (I would put that down as May or June).

However as you say, the situation in China is not good and I suspect no manufacturing has restarted yet.... but it’s a guess.

Presumably, we should not expect any new stock until June at the earliest if all the above is correct.... Based on 6 weeks on the boat with manufacturing starting towards the end of March.

Of course it’s all guess work until they arrive!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Perhaps the question is more appropriately directed at Hornby.....who likely still have no answer themselves,considering,as Mike says,the fragility of the situation in China.Hopefully there will be no long term knock on effect.Fingers need to be crossed,I think 

I have also ask Hornby 

• Like 5

There are considerable delays in shipment from China to Australasia at the moment, congestion, confusion, container flow is erratic,  our NZ primary produce growers have had a brilliant season growing but can't get chilled or other suitable containers, which although not directly relevant fits in to the scenario of economic difficulties and delays. I don't want to be negative, just realistic.

It may be that the trade with the UK is relatively unaffected, I hope so.

Edited by robmcg
correction
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very nice. I can’t wait to get my hands on those BR ones. I’m assuming as these were 2 cylinder locos, the TTS Chip for the Hall will suffice? 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

I assume this will be released when?

Hornby are saying the summer, so June, July or August.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/05/2020 at 11:15, gwrrob said:

Hornby are saying the summer, so June, July or August.

Hattons suggest June 2020

Rails of Sheffield are suggesting Autumn 2019

Lol

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

And Hornby say, "Summer 2020", which starts in June, right?

So, ignoring Rails's fallacious date, that's 6 days then, folks!

I have a good feeling about this (and heaven knows we need something to feel good about).

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Hattons suggest June 2020

Rails of Sheffield are suggesting Autumn 2019

Lol

Oh No! Between Lancashire & Yorkshire!

It'll mean they will be stuck somewhere on the M62!

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

I have a good feeling about this (and heaven knows we need something to feel good about).

A little bird tells me there's been a lot of research done on these by the Hornby team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

A little bird tells me there's been a lot of research done on these by the Hornby team.

Inside information, young Rob?  Pray tell!

The illustration from last week looked good, so fingers, and all appendages, are crossed.

Edited by tomparryharry
Proof read, and some awful spelling. Ho Hum.

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Inside information, young Rob?  Pray tell!

The illustration from last week looked good, so fingers, and all appendages, are crossed.

Not at all but looking at photos and talking with other discerning GWR modellers , we agree it looks good and I'm looking forward to running one on ANTB.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

And Hornby say, "Summer 2020", which starts in June, right?

So, ignoring Rails's fallacious date, that's 6 days then, folks!

Summer officially starts on June 20th and ends on September 22nd, so not quite yet.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Summer officially starts on June 20th and ends on September 22nd, so not quite yet.

I was talking about Meteorological summer, of course. :wink_mini:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

5 hours ago, Harlequin said:

I was talking about Meteorological summer, of course. :wink_mini:

Down here the seasons start officially on the first of the respective months so our winter, which is your summer, starts next Monday (but we start nine hours before you...).

I draw your attention, however, to Roger Ford's Modern Railways Laws, one of which is "never trust a forecast based on a season of the year".

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3