Hornby - New tooling - Peckett B2 0-6-0ST

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I think we can afford to relax. We've seen the images, so we know they're coming along. With such a 'niche' model, you can bet that whoever is making this, that it's absolutely spot-on. 

Have a great weekend folks,

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Rails of Sheffield have advised that they have been notified by Hornby that the first two B2s are expected between the 5th and 18th August. These are R3693 Sherwood Colliery and R3694 Associated Portland Cement. The releases are both the dcc ready and dcc fitted versions.

• Like 2

Was talking in a model railway shop today when a Hornby rep was in and he gave the date as 13th August. So whether that is the day Hornby expect to receive them or the date they are expected in the shops he was not prepared to say. Any way not long to wait now!

That's not bad 8 months from announcing them to the shops.

Edited by johnd
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, rembrow said:

Rails of Sheffield have advised that they have been notified by Hornby that the first two B2s are expected between the 5th and 18th August. These are R3693 Sherwood Colliery and R3694 Associated Portland Cement. The releases are both the dcc ready and dcc fitted versions.

Yippee, those are the two that I've pre-ordered.

Keith

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sherwood and Westminster are at the bottom of the Hornby New Arrivals page.  However, Hornby maintain that its still possible to order R3694 (DCC Ready Westminster) from them.

Otherwise, doubleplusgood!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I had the Westminster version ordered from Hornby on the day they were announced on here. Yesterday I received an email from Hornby saying that they couldn't get payment from my card. I don't know why this should be as it's a debit card, is still current and there are funds in my account to cover it. I cancelled the order and ordered it instead from Hattons, saving £6 in the process, even with the postage. I'd have though it would be cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer but apparently not.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I'd have though it would be cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer but apparently not.

Not if the manufacturer wants to sustain a dealer network, as Hornby and Bachmann have stated they do. Hornby tried undercutting their main customers (i.e. dealer network/ retailers) a while back and it didn't end well.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I had the Westminster version ordered from Hornby on the day they were announced on here. Yesterday I received an email from Hornby saying that they couldn't get payment from my card. I don't know why this should be as it's a debit card, is still current and there are funds in my account to cover it. I cancelled the order and ordered it instead from Hattons, saving £6 in the process, even with the postage. I'd have though it would be cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer but apparently not.

Hornby have a problem with their payment system. They have my up-to-date payment details but every time they try to take a payment I get an email saying they can't take the payment. First time round phoned Hornby and they were able to process the payment mentioning that Hornby was aware of the problem.

Subsequently I logged onto the website and went to the original order, clicked on make a payment and, bingo, it worked.

Last time though (when the Club H-Class arrived) I didn't get any non-payment email from Hornby but luckily my brother who also had one on order advised me that they had arrived. Logged on to the Hornby website and found a note that they could not take payment. Went to the original order, clicked on make a payment and it worked.

I've got one more pre-order to arrive (the Huntly Palmer set) so need to keep an eye open for that and make sure I make payment. If you don't pay-up (within 5 days I think) they cancel the order.

Keith

• Friendly/supportive 2

The Huntley & Palmers pack and Ruston diesel is the main reason I haven't ordered one of these yet. Too many pre-orders seem to be coming in over the next few months so the bigger Peckett is slung to the back of the queue for now. I'm not desperate for another Peckett to be honest. Plenty of small industrials about and they'll probably do different versions in future if they do all go quickly.

Still tempted though.

Jason

• Like 1

Just got an email from Rails to the effect that both Sherwood and Westminster (DCC ready/fitted) will be in on Wednesday, 20th August.

Yep, that's what the email said. :jester:

I'm assuming that there was a finger hiccup and that they meant the 21st.

Not long now!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, I must say, I do rather like these! Both the DCC ready and DCC fitted versions of these two just dropped through the door, they're going to be popular! 

48583039372_b0164d1eb0_c.jpg

PeckettB2-2 by Derails Models, on Flickr

48582890551_548ff0c0b4_c.jpg

PeckettB2-1 by Derails Models, on Flickr

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Derails Models said:

Both the DCC ready and DCC fitted versions of these two just dropped through the door

One hopes not literally....

Looking forward to mine arriving!

(It'd be nice to see one of these alongside a Peckett W4)

• Like 1

The chimney on Westminster looks taller by a copper caps length.

I suppose the hight of the chimney might be specified on ordering, depending on the clearances at the site were the loco was to work.

• Like 1

Our models have arrived. Sherwood looks superb and runs just as well. Unfortunately we have no models of "Westminster" due to some of ours arriving damaged. The issue has been referred to Hornby.

We still have some models of Sherwood (DCC Ready) available:

https://www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk

IMG_8698.JPG

Edited by andyram
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Mine arrived at my local model shop this afternoon.  Sherwood is currently on a running in turn, with Westminster waiting to take its place when done.

IMG_0466.JPG.530aeca9c6c2e5dce22170b3df6b6c62.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG.ea65efd4850e3cd36872a610efe3b319.JPG

Now all I have to do is design and build a layout to run them on!

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Stupid question time. 

Images on Hornby website suggest that Westminster dome is copper. 

I assume (!) that it's brass? 

Rob 

• Like 1