Hornby - New tooling - 57' Bow-ended suburban coaches

Andy Y

10 hours ago, The Johnster said:

They’re fairly safe these days; things were different about 800 years ago, mind...

We actually rather like some of them.

Steady on, there are still those who wander around wearing white shorts with a red shirt!!

Regards

Julian

Address withheld, on grounds of security and personal safety.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 13/04/2019 at 12:20, jcredfer said:

Steady on, there are still those who wander around wearing white shorts with a red shirt!!

Regards

Julian

Address withheld, on grounds of security and personal safety.

Presumably Scarlets supporters?

Tim T, a Yorkshireman who is married to a wife born in Wiltshire who has a Welsh father, we can’t wait to get our house sold and move to Wales

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, timbowilts said:

Presumably Scarlets supporters?

Tim T, a Yorkshireman who is married to a wife born in Wiltshire who has a Welsh father, we can’t wait to get our house sold and move to Wales

Living in Calne???  Well, I suppose that might be marginally better than Melksham.....  marginally.  It's clear to see why Wales is tempting, lovely country, with delightful people.  I have had many weeks introducing the delights to East London pupils, around Glasbury and the vast majority of them return, later on in life.  Of all the grim realities of latter day teaching, taking youngsters to Wales, was the shining exception to the grime.

Regards

Julian

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, The Johnster said:

We’ll be glad to have you, Tim.  I have pleasant memories myself of Glasbury. 

Difficult to have other than pleasant memories of Glasbury, what circumstances lead you thence?

Regards

Julian

• RMweb Gold

Camping on motorbikes with some mates, back in 1970 when I was 18, for a long weekend.  Did some hillwalking up Waun Fach, hired some canoes, went spectacularly unsucessfully pony trekking (mine wouldn't take any notice of me and kept stopping to eat hedges), and quite a bit of gratuitous consumption of beer in the evenings.  Great times, not a care in the world.

• RMweb Premium

Ello Ello Ello what’s going on ere then. Stop that now. Bow ended Suburbans and that’s all thanks! We don't want any trouble now my lad! 

6DAE6072-713D-4C57-A0FD-FC503C7752D5.jpeg

Edited by Hilux5972
Added image
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

In a moment of weakness was tempted by an email offering a bargain price... yes lovely coaches but the Right Hand Brake has a bit missing (and not in the box). 

Before I contact the shop that sold it to me, please can someone tell me the actual proper name of the missing bit (never been very good at naming the bits below the bufferline). 

The first picture shows the complete bogie, the second the one minus the missing bit. But what is the name of the bit? Thank you. 

_20190605_170126.JPG

_20190605_170416.JPG

• RMweb Gold

There are some links to pictures earlier in this thread. 

As for the model, Hattons have about the best pictures https://hattonsimages.blob.core.windows.net/products/R4877A_3463411_Qty1_1.jpg

As for my model, it is in the process of being returned for replacement (not to Hattons). 

Edited by flockandroll
Edited to replace picture with a link, which is what I was trying to do!

On 25/03/2019 at 15:45, lofty1966 said:

I so wanted to get a couple of sets of these but cancelled my order as I "couldn't afford them" then promptly purchased 34 (Yes 34) coach kits and 4 Hornby Hawksworths since!

I need help.....(mentally)

When you find out what disease you have, please let me know the name. I think I have it.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

I admit I have not read through all 19 pages of comments so please forgive me if this has been asked already. If you look closely at the release photo of the first coach in the first post it clearly has a green lower band instead of choc brown. I have noticed this on the coaches in the Bristolian set as well and as you can see from the photo below comparing one to a Hornby autocoach there is a distinctive color difference here. I have looked on the various GWR modeling and prototype websites and can’t find mention of green instead of choc brown being used on the coaches. Can anyone explain this to me, thanks.

8EAE7422-4F44-4510-B2E4-D31729533840.jpeg

Edited by Cofga
  • Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, Cofga said:

I admit I have not read through all 19 pages of comments so please forgive me if this has been asked already. If you look closely at the release photo of the first coach in the first post it clearly has a green lower band instead of choc brown. I have noticed this on the coaches in the Bristolian set as well and as you can see from the photo below comparing one to a Hornby autocoach there is a distinctive color difference here. I have looked on the various GWR modeling and prototype websites and can’t find mention of green instead of choc brown being used on the coaches. Can anyone explain this to me, thanks.

8EAE7422-4F44-4510-B2E4-D31729533840.jpeg

I'm afraid that I don't see green - just a slightly different, darker shade of chocolate brown.

Be assured that these coaches never, ever had any shade of green on them!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I'm afraid that I don't see green - just a slightly different, darker shade of chocolate brown.

Be assured that these coaches never, ever had any shade of green on them!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Well once you get to a shop and see one you can see it is a very dark green definitely not  brown. As shown in my attached photo I have cars with both colors and there is nothing chocolate about the coach on the right.