Hornby - New tooling - 59' Bulleid 'Short' coaches

Andy Y

52 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

There's a thread or two discussing this approach on this forum somewhere; the Comet sides aren't a good fit to the Bachmann coaches dimensionally it seems. Bit of a pain as I was going to do the same myself.

That's a shame. I might have to go the plasticard route instead. That said I'm elbow deep in layout build at the moment (but unfortunately didn't manage to get any pictures this week)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Yup. If you can commit to ordering the relevant Bulleid parts from Southern Pride, you can create a correct length Carcase on which to put the Comet sides. If you order the SP Clear sides, that gives you the flush glazing too! The SP Roof moulds are good too.

Phil

That's good to know. Putting them on a relevant chassis and then you've got effectively a nice canvas to put together your creation. 

• Like 1

I got 3 for £120 from Tony's Trains of Rugby a while ago. He only had one CK so I had to check to make sure I got the right brake coaches and was able to make up a properly numbered set. I got the ex-Kirk 3 set kit quite cheaply at Warley as well so they'll be in my Rainy Day box. I'm now on the lookout for the Southern Suburban 1938 additional coaches but that's going off topic... 

• Like 2