Hornby 2019 announcements

Andy Y

new_for_2019_banner.png

Headlines

Hornby have announced new tooling for the following products for 2019 which are well underway. Individual topics have been started for relevant new toolings.

Locomotives

LMS Princess class 4-6-2

Princess CAD1.JPG

GW 'Large' Prairie 2-6-2T

Prairie 4154.JPG

Peckett B2 class 0-6-0ST

Peckett B2 range.jpg

Ruston & Hornsby 48DS 0-4-0 with match truck

48DSx4.jpg

Coaches

SR 59' Bulleid 'short' coaches

Bulleidsa.JPG

GW 57' Bow-ended suburban stock

BowEnd Subs 1.JPG

BR Mk2F coaches

2Fb.JPG

BR Mk3 sliding-door coaches

Mk3a.JPG

Wagons

LSWR Warner brake 'new van'

Warner brake.JPG

LMS 20T brake van

LMS20T brake.JPG

• Like 4

Licensed products are an important product for Hornby in the 'High Street' market and 2019 sees the return of Harry Potter with Hogwart's Castle (correctly as a Hall) with the option for TTS sound and the popular 'Paddington' brand.

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-012.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-024.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-025.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-026.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-027.jpg

Diesel/Electric locomotives - new liveries

A selection of Class 66 liveries giving a value product from the ex-Lima tooling. I understand that retailers will be quipped to sound-fit these items giving a total price of around £100.

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-095.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-096.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-097.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-098.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-099.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-100.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-101.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-102.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-103.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-089.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-090.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-091.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-092.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-093.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-105.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-106.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-107.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-108.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-109.jpg

Preview 2019 - Press - PDF-110.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you would like a little more background to some of the content in the 2019 announcements I interviewed Simon Kohler for a piece in BRM Express - Phil's free newsletter which comes out on Friday. Sign up here https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/account/create?seoChannel=brm&returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.world-of-railways.co.uk to make sure you get this week's edition.

Now in public domain.

Any leaks prior to 190.00 came from guesses at urls on Hornby's own website. I had to remove several posts from here to maintain our part of the agreement.

• Like 1

That's a long list to go through.... A healthier range than last year. Seems promising.

HIGHLIGHTS FOR ME:

LMS Princess Coronation -  Many saw that coming!
GWR Large Prairie  - Once again many predicted this
Peckett B2 0-6-0ST - I'm glad that Hornby are expanding their range of industrial locos
Ruston & Hornsby 48DS 0-4-0 - You just gotta have this....
BR Mk.2F coaches - I love how Hornby have come straight out with a cheaper alternative to Bachmann. It will sell.
BR Mk.3 (Sliding door) - Never expected this, glad to see it, I hope the Slam-door ones get the same upgrades.
Hornby Paddington Junior - once again they're targeting kids with a Paddington themed set! Good call...

Harry Potter!! I want....
GWR HST Train Set - I'm mighty proud of Hornby here for pulling out the older tooling and making a set for the younger generation.
I like the re-introduction of the Dean Single.
The huge selection of Class 66s..Just wow!
Caledonian Sleeper Class 87....MUST HAVE!
Caledonian Sleeper Class 92...MUST HAVE!
The DB Schenker Class 60 will please hundreds of people...
The BR Green and BR Blue Class 31 will please many more.
The LNER HST, IEP and coaches will be an instant hit!
New DC Controller and updated DCC Controllers....SMART MOVE!
The return of the Skaledale, SkaleScenics and SkaleAutos range is marvellous.
Also happy about the Hornby-Arnold Brighton Belle getting a re-run.

DISAPPOINTED ABOUT:

I was really hoping Hornby would've re-tooled the Class 91. Seeing that they invested so much money in the Mk.2F, Mk.3 (Siding-door), A1/A1X Terrier and GWR Prairie....I was hoping they'd have done a Class 91 with suitable Mk.4 and Mk.4 DVT stock to accompany it. Purely selfish reasons but hey...one of the best announcements so far.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2

Now in public domain.

Any leaks prior to 190.00 came from guesses at urls on Hornby's own website. I had to remove several posts from here to maintain our part of the agreement.

They actually came from a link labelled New for 2019 on the Hornby website under the shop menu...

• RMweb Gold

Oh wow, Hornbys gone to war with everyone, Loads of 66’s, GWR 2-6-2T, Terriers, class 92, mk2f and Bulleid coaches.

Direct duplication of liveries and numbers of several Rails Terriers and Hattons 66’s, as well as livery on Bachman’s mk2fs, cheaper in all 3 cases.

2019 is definitely the year for the younger modeller, lots of reasonably priced modern image, including clever trainsets with expansion potential (HST, Eurostar, Belmond and Northern Belle), additionally DBS60, GBRF/Sleeper 92’s and several class 66’s.

GWR, Scotrail, Crosscountry & LNER HSTs with sliding doors, and mk2f’s, though full credit that there available in the newer colours, class 68’s have something now to pull, Scotrail stock, and the Network Rail test train, with class 31.

Is that Oxfords tractors & vans I see in the range ?

Peckett 0-6-0 and a Ruston& Hornsby 48DS shunter !!! - Really nice, Princess was an obvious one.

Finally a preserved Black 5, in super detail, and 4464 I see, I guess parking it in their building is an extreme way to get their attention.

What an interesting year 2019s going to be, a definite focus on price there, a lot of models at a lower end price point, but quite an interesting range.

Oh wow, Hornbys gone to war with everyone, Loads of 66’s, GWR 2-6-2T, Terriers, class 92, mk2f and Bulleid coaches.

Direct duplication of liveries and numbers of several Rails Terriers and Hattons 66’s, as well as livery on Bachman’s mk2fs, cheaper in all 3 cases.

2019 is definitely the year for the younger modeller, lots of reasonably priced modern image, including clever trainsets with expansion potential (HST, Eurostar, Belmond and Northern Belle), additionally DBS60, GBRF/Sleeper 92’s and several class 66’s.

GWR, Scotrail, Crosscountry & LNER HSTs with sliding doors, and mk2e’s, though full credit that there available in the newer colours, class 68’s have something now to pull, Scotrail stock, and the Network Rail test train, with class 31.

Is that Oxfords tractors & vans I see in the range ?

Peckett 0-6-0 and a Ruston& Hornsby 48DS shunter !!! - Really nice, Princess was an obvious one.

Finally a preserved Black 5, in super detail, and 4464 I see, I guess parking it in their building is an extreme way to get their attention.

What an interesting year 2019s going to be, a definite focus on price there, a lot of models at a lower end price point, but quite an interesting range.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1