Hornby 2019 announcements

Andy Y

Looks like Hornby are going to beat Bachmann and Kernow to the post with Hornby's Bulleid coaches and LSWR brake van.

I look forward to comparing my Hornby Dublo Duchess of Montrose with the new Hornby version and I am pleased to see the clerestory coaches in the Railroad range.

• Like 1

Ok not new tooling - but re-releases of Clerestory stock is nice in two versions.

Another Prairie, another direct competition with Dapol.

Bow ended Colletts and new Bulleids.

A cheap 66 to go up against Hattons and Bachmann, come on Dapol you're missing out on this one LOL.

Very good selection from Hornby, this should be a good year for them.

Edited by woodenhead

Not too much expense for me from this list. The construction class 60 and the Valenta and class 50 TTS chips about it. Another blue 31/1 skinhead but again no blue 31/4. They’d sell a load.

I’d have had some mk 2f’s but i’ve a rake of Bachmanns already. Brave move but at a cheaper price, they will sell well.

No 46257 or Sir William in LMS Black? Swing and a miss there.

I can understand why not.

Only a limited amount of new models can be produced each year, so do something different for 2019 then maybe return to this for 2020.

A bunch of Mk2Fs? The price has brought this into direct competition with the well-regarded Bachmann ones. Mk2D may have been a better option.

Railroad blue LMS Coronation coaches. This is a signal that they will NOT be doing accurate ones any time soon. I am not surprised by this.

Nice to see them maximising liveries from the new class 87 tooling. Re-liveries on existing tooling is a trick they have not made the most of in the past so I really hope this works out well for them.

Hello everyone

Hornby 2019 has went wrong because hattons been ordered limited edition of class 66 from Bachmann was first by same livery from Hornby Range 2019

GRRR no livery of class 31 Mainline livery of Intercity and class 08 Railfreight

But I will get that class 60 trainload contrustion livery and maybe get class 31102 Blue

• RMweb Gold

Looks like Hornby are going to beat Bachmann and Kernow to the post with Hornby's Bulleid coaches and LSWR brake van.

I look forward to comparing my Hornby Dublo Duchess of Montrose with the new Hornby version and I am pleased to see the clerestory coaches in the Railroad range.

The Kernow brake van is a different diagram anyway - its a Road Van. 

These are the 59' Bulleid coaches - arnt Bachmann doing the 63' versions?

Not too much expense for me from this list. The construction class 60 and the Valenta and class 50 TTS chips about it. Another blue 31/1 skinhead but again no blue 31/4. They’d sell a load.

I’d have had some mk 2f’s but i’ve a rake of Bachmanns already. Brave move but at a cheaper price, they will sell well.

I want class 31/4 Blue too

• Like 1

I can understand why not.

Only a limited amount of new models can be produced each year, so do something different for 2019 then maybe return to this for 2020.

A bunch of Mk2Fs? The price has brought this into direct competition with the well-regarded Bachmann ones. Mk2D may have been a better option.

Railroad blue LMS Coronation coaches. This is a signal that they will NOT be doing accurate ones any time soon. I am not surprised by this.

Nice to see them maximising liveries from the new class 87 tooling. Re-liveries on existing tooling is a trick they have not made the most of in the past so I really hope this works out well for them.

I just hope that they fix the solebar issue from Mk2e's when they come to do the Mk2f's

I cant help thinking they might've been better updating the Mk2Ds including the BFK

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The two Nelsons I wanted all along, A couple of Bulleid 59' 3-sets and a LSWR brake - that'll do nicely Hornby.

On that basis, the retool of the Rebuilt MN can wait.... :sungum:

And that's before I even get started on the non-Southern stuff...….

John

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Lots of nice stuff in there, particularly the Large Prairie and GWR coaches.

Doubt the people at Dapol are particularly happy today though!

That does not take into account the probability that Hornby have had this under development a bit longer than Dapol.....before the now well publicised announcement of their version in fact.Despite some rather obvious clues,some of us have chosen to dismiss the possibility that this would happen.Similar situations have occurred before in fact.Hornby have kept a tight ship and now we’ll see who’s first past the post.

The Kernow brake van is a different diagram anyway - its a Road Van. 

These are the 59' Bulleid coaches - arnt Bachmann doing the 63' versions?

I am aware of that but if you want a single LSWR brake van and a single rake of Southern Bulleid coaches some people are going to buy the ones that come out first. I did not predict that Hornby would be producing these and I am pleased that they are.

The BR Blue mallard and scotsman look good as does the small rushton shunter.

Dissapointed that there seems a distinct lack of TTS sound items this time round.

The GWR HST train set should be a strong seller at around £100 after discounts.

• RMweb Premium

I am aware of that but if you want a single LSWR brake van and a single rake of Southern Bulleid coaches some people are going to buy the ones that come out first. I did not predict that Hornby would be producing these and I am pleased that they are.

The 59' set will be useful for S & DJR mid 60s modellers as well as me.

Thanks

Phil