Hornby 2019 announcements

Andy Y

Damn, I could see you using 'Lucille*' to reeducate him Andy, along with the people who hacked the servers a while back  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

*A 'The Walking Dead' reference to those who don't know

Don't get me wrong, I did contemplate some playtime but I'd have only been beaten by his superior skills in certain areas.

You can't argue with a dustbin.

• RMweb Gold

I see Hornby are still making  they're usual bunch of crap even in 2019 and charging an absolute mint for it. So glad i gave up on Hornby a long time ago. It's about time they really upped there game and actually produced something of decent quality for a change.

How interesting.

• RMweb Gold

Don't get me wrong, I did contemplate some playtime but I'd have only been beaten by his superior skills in certain areas.

You can't argue with a dustbin.

A 10 pound sledge-hammer works quite well on dustbins ;)

I have one if you need it Andy  :jester:

Diesel:

Class 08

Class 31

Class 43 HST

Class 50

Class 56

Class 60

Class 67

Totally agree on all of these and I’ll add the 87 and 153 to the list also. Not sure about kettles but my Black 5 is a beauty and no doubt other Steam engines will be just as good if not better. An extremely unfair comment battered away easily there!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Phil's been down at the Toy Fair today and has spotted this on the Hornby stand.

attachicon.gif20190122_155426.jpg

It's obviously not in the catalogue and may be there to establish interest with bigger buyers in the same way as the Downton Abbey set was a few years ago.

I.e. currently it's a box and a hand-painted sample, and if someone bites and offers to buy enough of them they go ahead and make it? A pre-ordering model but in bulk?

I could see this being attractive in a way that the Downton Abbey one really, really wasn't.

Totally agree on all of these and I’ll add the 87 and 153 to the list also. Not sure about kettles but my Black 5 is a beauty and no doubt other Steam engines will be just as good if not better. An extremely unfair comment battered away easily there!

Yep sorry forgot about the 87 & 153.

• RMweb Premium

Decent models made in the last ten years or so, and it's just some of the Southern stuff:

M7

T9

Maunsell Coaches of various types

Light Pacifics

Schools

Cattle wagons

etc., etc.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

someone please show me a decent model that Hornby have made in the last 10 years or so?

Rob.

post-14122-0-62246200-1548193187.jpg

Edited by NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Apologies, just noted Andy 's intervention............still stand by my observations mind you......

• Like 2

• Administrators

Apologies, just noted Andy 's intervention............still stand by my observations mind you......

As do mine that there has got to be something wrong with anyone hanging around and commenting on threads relating to a company whose products they don't like just because of the box colour. 

As others have said in response to the original bizarre trolling, Hornby has produced many superb models over the last few years. Let's just say the BMRA results will agree with me...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

someone please show me a decent model that Hornby have made in the last 10 years or so?

J36

Oops sorry didn’t realise I was talking to the void. Stand by the J36 though . Great wee Model at decent price

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thankfully he won't hear you John, I've removed his access to the topic.

Good one Andy, his sort of garbage does no god at all!

Mike

Ive just seen a coca cola train set on facebook. Looks really good. Looks like a bagnall shunter in red, a red van and a red double container wagon. All with coke advert on them. Looks really good :)

I'm amazed no-one has mentioned that already....   :angel:

How about you tell us/ show us the fantastic models you have bought in the last 10 years - go on I dare you and then the obviously more knowledgeable people on here can agree /disagree with you. Just for the record though mines a Peckett. Having spent my time in an area where they were used a lot they really are a delightful loco and pretty decent too.

How about you tell us/ show us the fantastic models you have bought in the last 10 years - go on I dare you and then the obviously more knowledgeable people on here can agree /disagree with you. Just for the record though mines a Peckett. Having spent my time in an area where they were used a lot they really are a delightful loco and pretty decent too.

I'm disappointed now he's been cut off in his prime. I was looking forward to what he thinks is decent.