Hornby 2019 announcements

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Phil's been down at the Toy Fair today and has spotted this on the Hornby stand.

attachicon.gif20190122_155426.jpg

It's obviously not in the catalogue and may be there to establish interest with bigger buyers in the same way as the Downton Abbey set was a few years ago.

A Diet version for N gaugers?

Or an O gauge version for Coke Zero drinkers ;)

I see Hornby are still making  they're usual bunch of crap even in 2019 and charging an absolute mint for it. So glad i gave up on Hornby a long time ago. It's about time they really upped there game and actually produced something of decent quality for a change.

Edited by bodmin65

I see Hornby are still making  they're usual bunch of crap even in 2019 and charging an absolute mint for it. So glad i gave up on Hornby a long time ago. It's about time they really upped there game and actually produced something of decent quality for a change.

You cannot be serious!       (Said in John McEnroe style)....

although I will pass on the Coca Cola

• RMweb Gold

Phil's been down at the Toy Fair today and has spotted this on the Hornby stand.

It's obviously not in the catalogue and may be there to establish interest with bigger buyers in the same way as the Downton Abbey set was a few years ago.

I’d have expected to find barrier wagons and corrosive warnings included.

I see Hornby are still making they're usual bunch of crap even in 2019 and charging an absolute mint for it. So glad i gave up on Hornby a long time ago. It's about time they really upped there game and actually produced something of decent quality for a change.

Really?

Horses for courses obviously, not everything Hornby makes is for me, but I'm pretty sure that the Class 60 is Very well regarded amongst D+E modellers.

Edited because it posted it in quadruple.

Edited by KDG
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I see Hornby are still making they're usual bunch of crap even in 2019 and charging an absolute mint for it. So glad i gave up on Hornby a long time ago. It's about time they really upped there game and actually produced something of decent quality for a change.

So no Peckett for you then. Nor a 48DS. All because they are in the wrong colour box?

I'm assuming this outburst is because of the Christmas train. Well, context is everything. This is on the stand at the TOY Fair. Selling to general retailers whose customers aren't counting rivets, just enjoying their train set. Producing profitable models is what the company has to do. You might not want one, but it will sell anyway, and might just get a few people started in the hobby.

However, the real question is, if you have "given up on Hornby", why are you reading and commenting on this thread?

• Like 2

attachicon.gif20190122_155426.jpg

Maybe Hornby have got their modes of transport mixed up or they have got wind Coke is going to have a Christmas Train advert for 2019 to compete with John Lewis.

One thing's for certain, if it does get released dentists will be ecstatic.

"It's the real thing?" as someone once sung.

Now we know why he was so keen to get to the stand.

attachicon.gifPP Scalextric.jpg

What! No "Stop that Pigeon" Airfix aircraft kits.

Hmmmm, maybe I should patent that idea.

Edited by Porcy Mane

So no Peckett for you then. Nor a 48DS. All because they are in the wrong colour box?

I'm assuming this outburst is because of the Christmas train. Well, context is everything. This is on the stand at the TOY Fair. Selling to general retailers whose customers aren't counting rivets, just enjoying their train set. Producing profitable models is what the company has to do. You might not want one, but it will sell anyway, and might just get a few people started in the hobby.

However, the real question is, if you have "given up on Hornby", why are you reading and commenting on this thread?

Because i was hoping that in 2019 they might have changed their ways and actually produced decent models at decent non over inflated prices. no it's not just because of the Christmas train either. I could buy models from other well known manufactures that are at least 10 years old that still to this day make Honby's new offerings like trainset toys.

Because i was hoping that in 2019 they might have changed their ways and actually produced decent models at decent non over inflated prices. no it's not just because of the Christmas train either. I could buy models from other well known manufactures that are at least 10 years old that still to this day make Hornby's new offerings like trainset toys.

Because i was hoping that in 2019 they might have changed their ways and actually produced decent models at decent non over inflated prices. No it's not just because of the Christmas train either. I could buy models from other well known manufactures that are at least 10 years old that still to this day make Hornby's new offerings look like toy trains.

Because i was hoping that in 2019 they might have changed their ways and actually produced decent models at decent non over inflated prices. No it's not just because of the Christmas train either. I could buy models from other well known manufactures that are at least 10 years old that still to this day make Hornby's new offerings look like toy trains.

Sorry, you're just talking trash. If it's not of any interest just ignore the topic before I remove your access to it.

• Like 1

Quite nice and quirky, however would prefer a Sentinel or the RailRoad Class 02

I agree. I think that loco slightly lets the set down. Cannot see an RRP yet, but I think it will sell. Will be ordering some anyway.

On a very positive note, had a large delivery from Hornby today. Quietly confident that they are now on the right track (no pun intended). Having placed a very much larger order this year compared to previous years.

Edit as I posted it twice. Not sure how that happened!

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
  • Like 2

someone please show me a decent model that Hornby have made in the last 10 years or so?

Have you seen any Hornby products in the last 10 years?

Here's a couple of their not so recent backheads.

post-508-0-80833300-1548182083_thumb.jpg

I suspect you need to pay more attention before heaping criticisms. I feel sanctions coming on.

• Like 2

someone please show me a decent model that Hornby have made in the last 10 years or so?

No, we're not going to play your games. I did check the lofty position from where you look down on us from in previous posts to find trackplans full of R numbers and boards from recycled materials (nothing wrong with that but don't kid anyone you're on a higher plane).

Ta ta.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Compared to whom?

John

• RMweb Premium

20190122_155426.jpg

A tie up with a brand like Coca Cola is really getting serious from a corporate perspective. Well done Hornby, really hope you sell bucketloads.

May even get that whacky races scalextrix for my and my brother for next Christmas, both of us who are way too old to play with scalextrix!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thankfully he won't hear you John, I've removed his access to the topic.

Damn, I could see you using 'Lucille*' to reeducate him Andy, along with the people who hacked the servers a while back  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

*A 'The Walking Dead' reference to those who don't know