Original analogue Cobalt point motors

I've been building my layout for what seems like forever! I installed the original analogue Cobalts and they worked fine. However, as they don't get used very often, when I do have a running session, some seem extremely slow to move, or they refuse to budge at all. Does anyone have advice on how to lubricate them or free them up, as there's no way to get into them?

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

I've been building my layout for what seems like forever! I installed the original analogue Cobalts and they worked fine. However, as they don't get used very often, when I do have a running session, some seem extremely slow to move, or they refuse to budge at all. Does anyone have advice on how to lubricate them or free them up, as there's no way to get into them?

Thanks

They are easy to open.

Undo 4 screws in the case and gently prize apart. The terminal block is part of the circuit board that also has the motor mounted to it.

Don't worry if the gears fall out of place - they can only go back together one way otherwise the case doesn't fit back together.

The only one to watch out for is the last gear to the output arm - it does have a different number of teeth on the two ends.

Cheers,

Mick