Now with Videos! Stranraer ‘themed’ loft layout 1959-64

danstercivicman

• RMweb Gold

Close but no medal, Dan.  Our Prefect was that shade of grey, but a single colour.  This is an Anglia, 2 doors whereas the Prefect had 4, and a different radiator grille. 

But my first car some years later,  1970, was a 100E Popular the same colour as your model!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Close but no medal, Dan.  Our Prefect was that shade of grey, but a single colour.  This is an Anglia, 2 doors whereas the Prefect had 4, and a different radiator grille. 

But my first car some years later,  1970, was a 100E Popular the same colour as your model!

Oh dear :( ah well I’ll dedicate this to you :)

I’ve worked out from the timetable: 

Stranraer to Dunragit +10 mins

Stranraer to Dumfries  +2hr 29 mins

(Port Road)

Stranraer to Carlisle + 3hr 19 mins

(Port Road)

Stranraer to Glasgow St Enoch + 2hr 22 mins 

The Newcastle portion from the evening Boat Train appears to have arrived their after a journey of almost 5hrs! 

I think its almost ten hrs to Euston!  Thankfully the locos swapped at Carlisle I think although after 1965 I think it appears to have been Dumfries? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121793711023

You can tell it’s the 1960s by the theme music which sounds like a donkey walking in the background!  Must be pre cowbell!  Although you can never have enough cowbell! 

Edited by danstercivicman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, danstercivicman said:

Like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121793711023

You can tell it’s the 1960s by the theme music which sounds like a donkey walking in the background!  Must be pre cowbell!  Although you can never have enough cowbell! 

I like the bloke getting out of the boot at about 12:50! Not sure what sales feature that was trying to demonstrate.

• Like 1

using this idea makes it a bit easyier.. and i also build mine of board on a card template .. and then glue card with point rodding in place.. less aching back leaning over layout :) 

glue small bits to make fixing easyer

image.png.6fbc8fe9a413690650a51ed447caf24e.png

of board build (stools are to compensate for foam track bed)

image.png.6bdb727d4adb2cef1ebc08b009e3de30.png

Edited by calvin Streeting
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

38 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

using this idea makes it a bit easyier.. and i also build mine of board on a card template .. and then glue card with point rodding in place.. less aching back leaning over layout :) 

glue small bits to make fixing easyer

image.png.6fbc8fe9a413690650a51ed447caf24e.png

of board build (stools are to compensate for foam track bed)

image.png.6bdb727d4adb2cef1ebc08b009e3de30.png

Wow that looks great :)

Do you print yours?

Back to the timetable.  

The 3:50pm to Carlisle and the 4:40pm to Glasgow are both Stranraer Town departures.

That means the next service to depart from the Harbour is the 6:15pm to Glasgow which is a DMU working.  The pictures are a tad jumbled but as the DMU enters and leaves hopefully you’ll get the idea! 

Progress on the rodding..

058B13D4-FFA5-4681-A438-2FC6DCEE891C.jpeg

9212FF46-B70B-4F10-AAFD-B4F79CD32016.jpeg

Edited by danstercivicman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

The point rodding looks great

It’s something I’ve thought about doing on my layout and you’ve inspired me to think about it more seriously

chris

Yeah, Little Muddle was my point rodding inspiration!  

Its really prominent at Stranraer so would be missing a lot if I didn’t include it :) 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1