BRM February '19

Howard Smith

• RMweb Gold

Anyone realised when you have a 12 month subscription you do not get the freebies that is in the shop editions? Very disappointing!!

Yes, but you would have got a good deal on the subscription or a bonus bunch of gifts when you took out the subscription, you would also get the DVD

I took out the digital subscription starting from issue Feb 2019 which includes access to all the DVD content.

This was at a massive saving, so I wouldn't expect to get any of the goodies with the newsstand copies.

The nice thing is if you go to the warners web site store everything thats included free with the magazines is available to buy as an individual item, to me this is perfectly acceptable.

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/store/reader-offers/

Cheers

Ian

Edited by traction

I have never had a bonus gift for the last 2, 12 month subscriptions and as for the lower price it’s pennies. It should be the same delivered through the door as on the shelf in the shops, especially when BRM is guaranteed the sales. If I’m picking a mag at Tesco I will pick and choose. Just my thoughts anyway and will probably revert to picking one with my shopping.

In terms of the DVD. Not watched any in the last 14 months.

Thats a shame. You’ve missed some really great content. Far better than anything from earlier periods. BRM are really setting a high standard on these.

• Administrators

I have never had a bonus gift for the last 2, 12 month subscriptions and as for the lower price it’s pennies. It should be the same delivered through the door as on the shelf in the shops, especially when BRM is guaranteed the sales. If I’m picking a mag at Tesco I will pick and choose. Just my thoughts anyway and will probably revert to picking one with my shopping.

You did get free gifts - the DVDs attached to the front cover. We put a lot of time, money and effort into these, which is why we feel they are an important bonus for subscribers. That you've chosen not to watch them is no more our fault than if you'd decided not to read odd-numbered pages. At least the DVD is relevant to people working in other scales - the card kit or OO figures, while nice, aren't that much use to N or O gauge modellers, but if they buy on the newsstand, it's what they get sometimes. 

However, if your choice of magazine is based entirely on the stuff stuck to the front rather than anything on the pages, then the newsstand is the way to go. We just want as many people as possible to be happy and for some, that's buying from a newsagent, which is why Warners put the effort into ensuring there are sufficient supplies out there.

Thats a shame. You’ve missed some really great content. Far better than anything from earlier periods. BRM are really setting a high standard on these.

I still have them. Just need to find the time to view. A few have commented on great content so must give them a watch. Just did not get why the shop vs subscription were different

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, br2975 said:

just excuse me whilst I rummage through my pockets......

just as I thought, I don't have any left to give.

Come and see me at the weekend; I'll have something for you. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Apart from another excellent DVD, or didn't you get that?

Phil.

I'm not complaining about what I get, or don't get as a non-subscriber who buys his issues locally for the quality and content, not because of any "freebies".

Albeit, my grandsons' are happy with the three dubious looking chaps recently arrived on their Cow Junction & Horse Halt layout.

Regards,

Edited by br2975

• Administrators
18 hours ago, br2975 said:

No freebies for a subscriber.......

1 hour ago, br2975 said:

I'm not complaining about what I get, or don't get as a non-subscriber who buys his issues locally for the quality and content, not because of any "freebies".

Albeit, my grandsons' are happy with the three dubious looking chaps recently arrived on their Cow Junction & Horse Halt layout. 

I can't imagine how I thought you were...

And we want photos of those 3 dubious chaps! Especially if there is an odd looking bald one fiddling with what he SAYS is a "camera".

• Funny 1

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, StephenB said:

Has any non-subscriber tried to get hold of a copy of the Little Bytham 1958 DVD? I have and I’m still waiting for Warner’s to get back to me. They’re a bit like hen’s teeth.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Did you call yesterday? If so, your message is with Carly to call you back. She wasn't in the office yesterday PM.

Steve