Book marking You Tube sites

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I have been bookmarking some live train webcams on Youtube to make them easier to find.

However some of the bookmarks become invalid after only 1 day and I have to re-do them, others work for longer, even forever.

e.g.

post-6208-0-10614000-1545956204_thumb.jpg

Is this normal?

If so why does it happen?

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Download a free copy of Realplayer. This allows you to save copies of Youtube.

As a secondary thing: In Win 10, the address bar (at the top) should include a yellow star, click on it and the address will be saved in your favourite. However I often find this star is missing. Just wipe over the whole address in the bar with the mouse, so that it becomes highlighted. Then hit 'Enter' - the page will reload with the star now present.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Download a free copy of Realplayer. This allows you to save copies of Youtube.

As a secondary thing: In Win 10, the address bar (at the top) should include a yellow star, click on it and the address will be saved in your favourite. However I often find this star is missing. Just wipe over the whole address in the bar with the mouse, so that it becomes highlighted. Then hit 'Enter' - the page will reload with the star now present.

Stewart

How exactly does that change it?

The live cams are still there but now with a different address (for some reason) to what I had originally saved.

Keith

EDIT

Sometimes perversely the live camera I want is alongside the error screen as one of those recommended!

Edited by melmerby

Sorry, didn't realise it was a live cam!

I watch the live cams a lot on VR from the USA. They quite often go offline (sometime technical faults, sometime YouTube upgrades or whatever). Seems that when they come back online, the address always changes.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Yes that's the problem

Virtual Railfan cameras frequently change address as do other US providers but UK ones don't, neither do Plattling, MOB, Finse, Geneva etc.

Interestingly if you think railways are always straighter than roads see Tehachapi CA (West Cable) cam 1:

(valid today only !)

Keith

Edited by melmerby