Model Rail Scotland 2019

ColinRae

Scotland’s biggest Model Railway exhibition returns for its 53rd year.

The event returns to the SEC venue in Glasgow, Grant Thomson from Clyde 1 will open the show at  10am on Friday 22nd Feb

Model Rail Scotland – 2019 will take place on Friday 22nd, Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th February at Hall 3 of the Scottish Event Campus Glasgow and bring together over 50 model railway layouts representing a wide range scales and eras. The event is expected to attract 15,000 visitors over the 3 days.

The exhibition is ‘supported’ by Hornby Hobbies, Bachmann Europe, Peco and Squires Tools who will be present to  show their latest range of products in addition a diverse range of trade exhibitors are participating accompanied by society and railway interest groups which will provide an excellent selection of exhibits for both the experienced and inexperienced in the hobby.

A large number of layouts will be making either their first ever appearance at Model Rail Scotland or visiting a Scottish exhibition for their first time.

Happisburgh Goods by the Model Railway Club is returning to the SEC it was last exhibited in Scotland in 2006 when it made it first trip to Glasgow.  

Model Rail Scotland – 2019 will be your last opportunity to see New Bryford by Mick Bryan and Wansbeck Road by Mick Simpson as both layouts are will be making their last ever appearance at a UK model railway show .  

post-13838-0-61871200-1546269624_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Model Rail Scotland – 2019 will be your last opportunity to see New Bryford by Mick Bryan and Wansbeck Road by Mick Simpson as both layouts are will be making their last ever appearance at a UK model railway show .  

Just done a bit of maintenance on NB today in readiness for it's final hurrah....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

For those of you who love Model Rail Scotland, do please vote for us in the British Railway Modelling Awards. Just click on the link in the yellow banner at the top of this page to open the survey and submit your votes.

Archie Brown

Chairman, AMRSS

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets are valid for one day only and you will need the full day to go round the exhibition to be sure of seeing everything properly.

Jim

We were at last year's exhibition for 5 hours, I'd have spent the full day but she had had enough! Just trying to work out how to maintain marital harmony...

An exhibition you will enjoy, I've taken three different layouts there three times now and had a very good time, a very good time. Mind you there are some strange organizers wandering about. 

post-276-0-78239800-1547389560.jpg

Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for Scotland, I've been retired again and only allowed as far as the Yorkshire borderlines but my dear wife doesn't know about the tunnel! :no:  

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 2

An exhibition you will enjoy, I've taken three different layouts there three times now and had a very good time, very time. Mind you there are some strange organizers wandering about. 

attachicon.gifExhibition manager and an icecreams.jpg

Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for Scotland, I've been retired again and only allowed as far as the Yorkshire borderlines but my dear wife doesn't know about the tunnel! :no:  

Well thats not last year !!!!

id say 2007 ?

• Like 1

Well thats not last year !!!!

id say 2007 ?

Sorry Arran, I'd say 1997... But Ian still looks the same, he's not called the 'Peter Pan of ModelRail' for nothing you know.

Dave Franks.

Sorry lads, no cigar this time, it's 2006!

• RMweb Premium

Ticketmaster?  If I've read things right, you can get an advance ticket directly from Model Rail Scotland for £12 plus £1.00 postage (https://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/tickets.html).

From Ticketmaster, they're £13 plus £1.75 service charge plus £2.20 postage.

£13 or £16.95?  Your choice.......

DT

Hello

John and I will be heading north to Glasgow with our new layout 'Framplington' which will be making its debut at Model Rail Scotland. Looking forward to it, seeing old friends and meeting new people.

Cheers

George

• Like 1