Model Rail Scotland 2019

ColinRae

We (Scottish Diesel and Electric Group) will be debuting a brand new layout 'WELLPARK' at Glasgow show depicting sub street level suburban railways in the late 70s to mid 80s. Expect a few familiar landmarks and EMU classes to feature along with a few surprises. He's a teaser of a few shots of prototypes and layout to see if you recognise what to expect?! Work continues apace with first running trials now underway...lastminute.com ? Us? Never!

post-657-0-83440600-1548402891_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-96707500-1548402900_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-91482700-1548402909_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-49577300-1548402920.jpg

post-657-0-23321700-1548402928_thumb.jpg

Edited by gridwatcher
  • Like 10

Guest teacupteacup

We (Scottish Diesel and Electric Group) will be debuting a brand new layout 'WELLPARK' at Glasgow show depicting sub street level suburban railways in the late 70s to mid 80s. Expect a few familiar landmarks and EMU classes to feature along with a few surprises. He's a teaser of a few shots of prototypes and layout to see if you recognise what to expect?! Work continues apace with first running trials now underway...lastminute.com ? Us? Never

Belgrove-ish?

Edited by teacupteacup

• RMweb Gold

Thats just a normal night out in Glasgow so probably front of house hehehe. Looking forward to attending !

Edited to add actually Glasgow is a lovely welcoming City and the exhibition is great so both are well worth a visit

Edited by Mattc6911

• RMweb Premium

Glasgows actually a fantastic city to visit . Lots of restaurants and cocktail bars as well as pubs  . I'm sure you'll get a good reception. The ambience being modelled here was of its time!  Its a Rugby weekend , so there will be lots of partying.

Interestingly if anyone is visiting by rail, specifying SECC is actually a very small add on to the fare . From memory its only two stops along the Argyle line from Glasgow Central, so a very short journey. It really is very cost effective compared to taking the car and parking it in these typically over priced exhibition centre car parks .

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Your right it is just a small addon to the fair which works on the underground as well. I go to queen street, then a short walk to central station and hop on the underground. Last year though I took advantage of the free vintage bus service operating from the square just opposite Glasgow queen street station, well worth the trip ! If you have upgraded your ticket you could always go via the bus and return via the underground

Bit confusing above - Scotrail low level will take you to Exhibition Centre, but the Glasgow underground railway (or Subway as they now call it) won't. I'm assuming Matt means the 'low level' from Central.

You could of course walk it across from Kinning Park Underground I suppose.

A wee visit beckons using those bendy-linos and all the way frae Warrington...

First time since 2006 so I am looking forward to the show and the confusion as my wife tries to understand the local patter.

Tickets booked and train tickets obtained today, I'm looking forwards to the show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit confusing above - Scotrail low level will take you to Exhibition Centre, but the Glasgow underground railway (or Subway as they now call it) won't. I'm assuming Matt means the 'low level' from Central.

You could of course walk it across from Kinning Park Underground I suppose.

It is the low level line from Central Station , what used to be called the Argyle line , you would use , not the Underground .

• RMweb Gold

We are delighted to tell you that this year we have two layouts at Model Rail Scotland which featured in The Great Model Railway Challenge. These are Clucas Bay and City of Tiers, both by Aberdeen Model Railway Club. 

Clucas Bay won their initial stage in the competition for the club and City of Tiers was the overall winner of the challenge.

The members of Aberdeen MRC will be operating the layouts and will be very pleased to answer any questions you may have about the construction of the layouts.

Steve Flint, the editor of Railway Modeller magazine, who was one of the judges, will be on the Peco stand. 

The Peco stand, Clucas Bay, City of Tiers and an Aberdeen MRC stand all form a single island with the Peco stand, visible almost immediately you enter the hall by the main door.

Archie

• Like 2

Guest teacupteacup
On 1/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, gridwatcher said:

Oh yes.... a bit of this and a bit of that...and a bit of Bridgeton. Expect Buckie bottles and casual violence, as well as classic EMU action!

The infrastructure on the way from the east end through Belgrove to High St is fascinating, tying up with the NLS maps brings outbyour imagination.

I remember as a kid in the late 70s/early 80s travelling through seeing some of the trackwork to High St goods and I vividly remember seeing a 27 on said tracks.

I won't make the show this year but hope I'll see your new layout soon, it sounds very interesting!

• RMweb Gold

Very much looking forward to it, been great going the last couple of years since I got back into the hobby. Going the Friday again this year although bought my tickets early so I don't have to stand in the massive queue I wasn't expecting!

May have another visit on the Sunday as the Friday is just manic with people there buying.

• Agree 2

A very limited number of Tunocks wagons in OO gauge have been reworked by Rainbow Railways from the Hornby box vans into a nice Tunnocks livery. 

Priced at £10 and will come with a Tunnocks Tea Cake available from stand 1

E5224A8D-76A3-49AE-9180-7CDEFF16684A.jpeg

Edited by ColinRae
  • Like 2