Model Rail Scotland 2019

ColinRae

• RMweb Premium

I was looking for a list of exhibors and of layouts, and couldn't find it on here.  Here are direct links to the relevant bits of Model Rail Scotland 2019's website:

Layouts  https://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/ex2019layouts.html

Commercial exhibitors  https://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/exhibition.html

Societies and demonstration stands https://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/ex2019socs.html

John Storey

41 minutes ago, 87029 said:

Colin, is it possible to post a plan of the exhibition hall before the show opens.  Thank you, in advance.

41 minutes ago, 87029 said:

Dont know how good this copy will be as I am doing from my phone . 

M b 

image.jpg

Edited by New Garnock
  • Thanks 2

Having never missed the show since getting back into the hobby 20 plus years ago, if I were a betting man I'd guess Squires at A37 and Harburn at A14!   That said you would maybe be better checking the list.

Looking forward to being there next Friday and picking up my late Christmas presents from Cheltenham Models who I suspect may somewhere on the left hand wall.

If you are lookIng for some where in particular ask at stand 1 and either me or my team will be able to guide you to where you are looking for as Stand locations can change at the last minute due to people not turning up and changes being made.

Bruce

• Like 2

Barrowmore Model Railway Group's Mauch Chunk (stand B25) is in the midst of preparation for Model Rail Scotland.

The layout is up and the scenery has had attention and we have just take delivery of the vinyl lettering and logos for the layout fascias, we should be quite easy to find...

The motive power has also had a major overhaul with running issues fixed, couplers replaced where nesessary and three new brass camelbacks make their debut at the show, having been completely re-painted and detailed.

One of our new ugly ducklings is a K1as Camelback no.472. Here are a few pics of the finished loco to wet your appetites.

40139802023_80ab04b986_b.jpg20190215_133122 by gavin liddiard, on Flickr

46380861084_0ff988b1b0_b.jpg20190215_133200 by gavin liddiard, on Flickr

46190800955_a4c49db655_b.jpg20190215_133143 by gavin liddiard, on Flickr

Edited by Gavin Liddiard
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Please make use of the Free Vintage bus linking Queen st, Central and the SEC.

The bus stop on George Sq is the one beside Gregg's or diagonally opposite Weatherspoons - so some warm places to wait if you are early!

At Central is the main bus Stops on Union Street on the side exit from Central StationBusTT.jpg.33d178cfc5cbca66fbddcf71cb443814.jpg

Edited by ColinRae

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Richy59 said:

Will there be another exclusive AMRSS Locomotive like the Malcolm Class 08 and ScotRail Class 47 from the last couple of years or are the Rainbow Railways Tunnock's Wagons the exclusive for this year?

Theres an exclusive Bachmann 47. 

8 hours ago, Richy59 said:

Will there be another exclusive AMRSS Locomotive like the Malcolm Class 08 and ScotRail Class 47 from the last couple of years or are the Rainbow Railways Tunnock's Wagons the exclusive for this year?

HI

No locos this year but we are considering what to do next , its not always as obvious what to do now, Unlike the 158  which sold out in a Day !!!!!  a record that will never be broken by anyone.

Regards Arran

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, arran said:

HI

No locos this year but we are considering what to do next , its not always as obvious what to do now, Unlike the 158  which sold out in a Day !!!!!  a record that will never be broken by anyone.

Regards Arran

Cheers Arran, was just wondering as was nice to be able to pick up something special the the show :)