Semaphore signalling on the joint line between Peterborough and Lincoln.

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I was looking at some pictures on Flickr of the joint line between Peterborough and Lincoln that were taken in 2018 and noticed that there was still semaphore signals on the line. I was surprised to see them as I thought it was MAS throughout but I couldn’t find the location where they are. Could anyone enlighten me as I’d love to go take pictures of them.

I think, and I really should know, that all the signals in the Sleaford area are now colour lights controlled by either east or west box. Nearest semaphores are at Heckington to the east and, again, I think at Ancaster to the west. You know how it is there all the time and see what you expect, but trying to think of it out of context.........

Edit, there's at least one post mounted semaphore shunt signal at Sleaford west.

Edited by great central

• RMweb Gold

I think, and I really should know, that all the signals in the Sleaford area are now colour lights controlled by either east or west box. Nearest semaphores are at Heckington to the east and, again, I think at Ancaster to the west. You know how it is there all the time and see what you expect, but trying to think of it out of context.........

Edit, there's at least one post mounted semaphore shunt signal at Sleaford west.

Having a bit of a moment in my post of course they are, must be the speckled hen!