Bala Town

Andrew P

I might sneak out for a early breakfast and join you Andy.

Eltel / Terry

I am hoping to get a lift with some mates, George T and the Manchester Mob will meet us at the Café about 9, that's NINE AM :sungum:  for an Early Starter and let the queue go in rather than stand in the cold and wind and deep snow. :no: .

Mum's much better, so no Hospital visit today, instead, down at her Bungalow to do some more sorting out.

Once back home and a sleep in the chair after lunch, I decided to finish the first stage of the BT Platform, I hope to get some Buildings over the next few weeks.

ALMOST got some Mojo back.

post-9335-0-57719200-1548435755_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14599600-1548435822_thumb.jpg

• Like 19
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, georgeT said:

Things really come together when there is some green about, looks good buddy...

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, shedman said:

Looking good Andy. Thinking of you, best wishes, Trevor

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, Bogie said:

Mum's much better. . .

Good to hear and the reappearance of your mojo sounds very promising!

Cheers Guys, I should have some Station Buildings soon, and George tells me the Loco Shed is done, so I just need to make up some Coaling Stage and get a Water Tower for the Shed area.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I missed seeing you at Stafford. I was supposed to be helping Dave Tailby with Tudwick Rd but my car had other ideas and broke itself. So you missed me with 0 gauge and DCC sound, on what is one of the smallest 7mm standard gauge layouts I know of.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Sorry I missed seeing you at Stafford. I was supposed to be helping Dave Tailby with Tudwick Rd but my car had other ideas and broke itself. So you missed me with 0 gauge and DCC sound, on what is one of the smallest 7mm standard gauge layouts I know of.

Sorry to hear about the Car mate, you should have harnessed up one of the Good Lady's Orses.:o  :biggrin_mini2:

I'll have a look for that in the program, I must have missed it some how.

Hi Andy,

Just been catching up. This is looking very good, very jealous of your Ivatt tank. Seems Dapol and Heljan are mainly interested in doing GWR loco's in 7mm.  I know their is a Jinty but some more Midland loco's would be nice.

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy,

Just been catching up. This is looking very good, very jealous of your Ivatt tank. Seems Dapol and Heljan are mainly interested in doing GWR loco's in 7mm.  I know their is a Jinty but some more Midland loco's would be nice.

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter, when I bought this Loco first time around, back in 2009 I also had the chance of the Bachmann Brassworks Tender version in Green, I couldn't afford two at the time.

A nice Std 4 Tank would be good from the likes of Dapol, at the right price.

Went to the Stafford Show yesterday and saw this Layout in O Gauge, other than the Locos you see on the Layout, there were at least another 18 plus on the table behind, all had sound, and some had smoke as well. only 19ft x 2.5fft inc Fiddle Yard and based in South London / Hither Green area. I'll put more pics in Seven Mills Sidings.

IMG_6620.JPG.b4fb4c6f93d39632eba3208484b500b5.JPG

NICE.

• Like 11

Yes, I saw this layout too. Very nicely done. What I didn't like was that they left the sound running on locos parked up on shed. This created so much sound that it was difficult to pick out the ones that were moving. Trevor

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, shedman said:

Yes, I saw this layout too. Very nicely done. What I didn't like was that they left the sound running on locos parked up on shed. This created so much sound that it was difficult to pick out the ones that were moving. Trevor

Hi Trevor, we commented on the same thing, with a Diesel Depot you need no more than 3 ticking over, otherwise it's overpowering, and as you say, you can't or identify a moving Loco.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

However, I remember walking around Frodingham Depot .. must have been during the late 1980s as I was at school at the time :cray_mini:  And there were 20s, 31s, 37s and 47s all ticking over at the same time and you couldn't work out what was what!!

Perhaps its one of those aspects of modelling where trying to get as close to the real thing doesn't work in model form .. bit like water.

Rich

• Agree 4

On 03/02/2019 at 09:15, Andrew P said:

Morning Peter, when I bought this Loco first time around, back in 2009 I also had the chance of the Bachmann Brassworks Tender version in Green, I couldn't afford two at the time.

A nice Std 4 Tank would be good from the likes of Dapol, at the right price.

Went to the Stafford Show yesterday and saw this Layout in O Gauge, other than the Locos you see on the Layout, there were at least another 18 plus on the table behind, all had sound, and some had smoke as well. only 19ft x 2.5fft inc Fiddle Yard and based in South London / Hither Green area. I'll put more pics in Seven Mills Sidings.

IMG_6620.JPG.b4fb4c6f93d39632eba3208484b500b5.JPG

NICE.

Is that Peter Clark, of Peter Clark models fame ?

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

Is that Peter Clark, of Peter Clark models fame ?

Best regards

Craig.

Hi Young Craig, I believe it may well be.

Hope you had a good Holiday and it was dryer than West Wet Wales.:D

9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Young Craig, I believe it may well be.

Hope you had a good Holiday and it was dryer than West Wet Wales.:D

We did thanks Andy, drier than North West Wales you mean ? West Wales is Camarthen'ish :pleasantry:

Hope all is ok at your end ? I see Rat 5191 is on the move towards Pen Llyn ?

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

We did thanks Andy, drier than North West Wales you mean ? West Wales is Camarthen'ish :pleasantry:

Hope all is ok at your end ? I see Rat 5191 is on the move towards Pen Llyn ?

Best regards

Craig.

Luckily Bala will be Steam only for now, so NO RATS here matey.

56 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Blimey Andy it was bad enough when you had five diesel locos ticking over on one of your shed layouts a while back and that was in OO ?

No Diesels on Bala Town mate, just some nice Kettles. You'll have to bring the Hudswell Clarke down on your next visit.

• Agree 1