Bala Town

Andrew P

8 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Loving the work Andy, it's looking great. Really nice job on the station building too.

Al.

Cheers Al, Actually I'm not that pleased with the Station Building, the kit is fine, it was the Builder / Painter that was the problem. I didn't clean up the joints fully and do a trial fitting before attacking it with the Glue, (Bodgit at his best). and a shaky hand when painting doesn't help.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Al, Actually I'm not that pleased with the Station Building, the kit is fine, it was the Builder / Painter that was the problem. I didn't clean up the joints fully and do a trial fitting before attacking it with the Glue, (Bodgit at his best). and a shaky hand when painting doesn't help.

It looks fine to me mate, but then we are all our own worst critic... :)

Al.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a minute, how does Andy P the Constable of railway back scenes have a so called problem with his station building painting ?

It looks fine Andy .... chill :good_mini:

Best regards

Craig.

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

That's a terrific backscene, I love those trees, amazing stuff, all looks very much like mid-Wales scenery too, rolling hills, and leading the eye to higher flat-topped mountains in the distance. Lovely sense-of-place.

cheers,

Keith

• Agree 4

Agree with all the above comments Andy ....Bala Town is really coming to life now gone away from just tracks on the baseboard.:fan: Keep at it mate you've started something here now excellent, developing nicely into kettle corner ....hope you have set up some good brew facilities :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Looking good Andy, think you need a pit just in front of the shed ? what do you think...

I had considered it, but in the end laziness took over and I decided to omit it and take the easy way out.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Tut Tut ! Bodgit strikes again, Hahahahaha

Hi George

Just think of the big bit of masking tape he would have to use to cover the hole if he cut an engine pit out when he changes the track plan next week.

I think the term is "future proofing."

• Funny 6

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Tut Tut ! Bodgit strikes again, Hahahahaha

34 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi George

Just think of the big bit of masking tape he would have to use to cover the hole if he cut an engine pit out when he changes the track plan next week.

I think the term is "future proofing."

To Be fair, I could have just joined up a few holes from previous incarnations.

BUT I DIDN'T, and WON'T, time to move on.:banghead:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1