Bala Town

Andrew P

Cracking work Andy like the look of the engine shed there's plenty room for some detail work like benches and machines etc  wonderful !!!!! I see that your many trips to Wales has had a lasting impression on your modelling insight .........plenty of puddles ...... such a regular appearance in Welsh Wales ....

Good to see some progress Andy....:D

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi George

Just think of the big bit of masking tape he would have to use to cover the hole if he cut an engine pit out when he changes the track plan next week.

I think the term is "future proofing."

Nice one Clive, l never thought of that Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

53 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

I like how you have colour matched the shrubbery to the colours on the backscene. Nice work.

I wish I was retired so I could get on with my layout. Done an 11 hour day today....

Cheers Ade, one day my friend, but don't wish your life away. I must admit taking early retirement at 60 and three quarters was the best move ever.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Ade, one day my friend, but don't wish your life away. I must admit taking early retirement at 60 and three quarters was the best move ever.

Totally agree, if you can arrange to take early retirement then do so.

I managed to sort mine at 62 a few years ago and haven't looked back.

• Like 3

So back in the REAL WORLD, and this morning I tried to add some pics that had been re sized and previously posted, but it kept coming up with, = Upload Failed, I tried several pics but with no joy.

I may be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So back in the REAL WORLD, and this morning I tried to add some pics that had been re sized and previously posted, but it kept coming up with, = Upload Failed, I tried several pics but with no joy.

I may be back later.

:scared::scared::scared:

• Funny 1

After talks with Rich / Marshlane I have now sorted out my posting problem, ignore the wonkey Signal Box, this was just a test shot to see if it now worked.

321397682_IMG_6825-Copy.JPG.03ae88c96d77f779f6f6846625ed35a6.JPG

This is the Box that will go there after advice from Mike / The Stationmaster yesterday. There is a lot more room than it looks in my first pic.

IMG_6821.JPG.75fedb57f05266a308697b58b5d7b1c3.JPG

• Like 9

14 hours ago, gismorail said:

That's a nice kit Andy looking forward to seeing this completed ....no pressure of course :ok:

I HATE making up kits, the Skytrex white metal Water Tower looks an absolute nightmare, so may look at swapping that for something else.

4 hours ago, georgeT said:

Box looks good  mate, will you be fitting the rodding as well ?

Yes I will be doing the Point rodding, I ordered a couple of Wills 4mm Kits and will take some parts from there as I did on Pen Y Bont.

I've also ordered the rodding Stools from Wizard this morning and will get some rod next week.

The left overs from the Wills 4mm Kits will be used on my next 4mm project once Bala Town is sold.

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Andy,

i'd suggest you'd only need a single bladed trap point at the end of the loop rather than a full blown double bladed one as drawn.

Just as you did with Pencarne:D

Yes Richard, the Black like was to cover up another White line, to make it a single blade after advice from Mike / The Stationmaster on the Box position etc. The same will apply to the Bay as that will be used by the Autotrain.

Edited by Andrew P
rewordedded

• RMweb Gold

I think you will find that  if the Bay is used by passenger stuff then a trap point is not needed. Best check with Mike as if it were trapped, being effectively a facing point it would also need an fpl.  I remember raising a similar query on another forum thread on the same issue. 

• Friendly/supportive 1