Bala Town

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Is that neat hanging basket liner and if so did you get it from one of the big centres or was it from a small local shop? It does look like a good base to start from.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Andy

Is that neat hanging basket liner and if so did you get it from one of the big centres or was it from a small local shop? It does look like a good base to start from.

Hi Ray, MESSY is a term I would use for it, it came from the Local Garden Centre, as Hanging Basket Liner, but when I bought the last lot in about 2010 it was a better quality and less stringy.

But as you say, it does provide a good base to start from.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GJB said:

Looking very good.  Where did the stone walling come from Andy?

Gerry 

Hi Gerry, Thanks, The Stone walling came from a Superb Model Railways Shop in the Poynton Garden Centre near Hazel Grove, a fantastic shop with everything from N to Garden Railways and most bits in between, I think there actually for ''OO'' but who cares, some more ''OO' Walling arrived today via e-bay and pics of that should be up next.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

A few weeks ago when I did the Shed area I said that I hadn't put in a Pit in front of the Shed because I couldn't be Ass*d, anyway my mate George T suggested I mark off the base as Planks put across the pit.

I thought this was a good idea, and so this afternoon I took out the knife and scored some grooves for the planks.

IMG_6963.JPG.f60f99aacd39eaccb7f8efd1238ec541.JPG

I then gave it a wash over with dirty thinners, and may need another wash tomorrow.

IMG_6964.JPG.5cbbe03f485f7fa5293be9b1cc53a0d3.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG.726c7215917c68380433c4cfb5cc084c.JPG

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Almost the  end of the work on the over Bridge, just need to wait and see how it looks tomorrow once the PVA has dried.

Using a mix of Woodlands Scenics Fine Cinders, Fine Light Earth, Fine Mid Green Flock powder, Peco 4mm Summer Grass and 6mm Autumn Grass Mixed and Gaugemaster N Gauge Ballast, PLUS of course the obligatory puddles for a Cinder and Gravel Lane.

IMG_6956.JPG.4e04d28885a57db51fc66a5baf1e65b6.JPG

IMG_6957.JPG.b39eab780a9d406a1917a03dafe353a6.JPG

IMG_6959.JPG.1b784ed89673eda22510a19e4e0eabdd.JPG

Andy I’ve probably missed it but how do you do the puddles?

look at post number ??? Coming up no doubt, though a search turned up nowt.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

my mate George T suggested I mark off the base as Planks put across the pit.

That’s what friends is for: well done George.

And it looks good too.

Paul.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Gerry, Thanks, The Stone walling came from a Superb Model Railways Shop in the Poynton Garden Centre near Hazel Grove, a fantastic shop with everything from N to Garden Railways and most bits in between, I think there actually for ''OO'' but who cares, some more ''OO' Walling arrived today via e-bay and pics of that should be up next.

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

Gerry

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Andy I’ve probably missed it but how do you do the puddles?

look at post number ??? Coming up no doubt, though a search turned up nowt.

Cheers

Hi Ade, a clear piece of thin plastic and paint with Gloss Black on one side only, THIS will be the underneath so that you looking at it though the clear side.

Best to also paint the board black, as well.

You need to do a decent size and Glue down all around so that PVA doesn't seep underneath.

Once down and dry, paint around with PVA and sprinkle on the Grass or Ballast etc.

Cook in oven on No 7 for 20 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar.

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

26 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

BT is looking great now that you have landscaped the bridge area, it lifts the whole layout. Great!!!

Cheers mate, hope it is still Sunny in Plymouth, it was when I left in 1954, haha.

Need to do some more fencing tomorrow, and that will be something totally different, so watch out for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Love the puddles on the road Bodgit, very effective, looking good mate....

Cheers mate, I do love my muddy puddles, they add something a little different to certain areas.

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

I liked the two photos of boxes all over the layout. Exactly what my table looks like which is why no one ever gets a dinner invite!

I thought laps were designed for dinner plates at meal times.:taunt: haha.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1