Bala Town

Andrew P

7 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Like the 'scratch built' shed Andy it'll make a good home for Bala Town when it's been saved :sleepclear::jester:

I'll bring Bala Town up to Carrog and it can go in to your Shed Martin, Ideal for you North Wales Boys to play with of an evening.:good:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well yesterday I made a start on the next 4mm project, Mason Street (Goods), 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/143331-mason-street-goods-br-blue/&tab=comments#comment-3505114

So now I need to crack on and finish BT in readiness to sell. I did some bits yesterday like painting some more clear plastic for a puddle or two in the Goods and Coal Yards, and also starting a Peco Signal, that had a choice of two destinations, the BIN, or BACK IN THE DRAW. It went into the draw for now and I will think about that another day as the instructions are poor to say the least, or if the Dapol ones come out in time, then I will go down that route.

I hope to finish the Goods Yard this week as I also have to photograph it for a future Mag article, so need to get my best camera out and re check some settings etc.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I'll bring Bala Town up to Carrog and it can go in to your Shed Martin, Ideal for you North Wales Boys to play with of an evening.:good:

Why don't you exhibit Bala Town at the Bala Lake Model Railway Show in May should get some offers ....you can stay at mine over the weekend :keeporder:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, gismorail said:

Why don't you exhibit Bala Town at the Bala Lake Model Railway Show in May should get some offers ....you can stay at mine over the weekend :keeporder:

Cheers Martin, but it ain't got no legs, besides, I can't get away at the moment because of Mum.

But thanks anyway.

• Friendly/supportive 4

2 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Some nice work put in there Andy soon be finished .....I just can't believe your going to sell this one so quickly :cry:

Oh come on Martin, it was started way back on 1st January so should have been finished by now anyway. haha.:good:

• Funny 3

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Oh come on Martin, it was started way back on 1st January so should have been finished by now anyway. haha.:good:

Some nice work put in there Andy soon be finished .....I just can't believe your going to sell this one so quickly :cry:

Still think it's a great shame mate :cry::cry:(double cry)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

You really do have an eye for laying out the track so it flows well - the trackplan is certainly not unique as I'm sure you'll agree - but the last picture in particular shows off the gentle curve and platform 'skew' in relation to the baseboard edge.

A lesson for anyone new to planning such things - it can't be a coincidence that you have managed to create this on most of your layouts.

All the best,

James

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jamest said:

Hi Andy,

You really do have an eye for laying out the track so it flows well - the trackplan is certainly not unique as I'm sure you'll agree - but the last picture in particular shows off the gentle curve and platform 'skew' in relation to the baseboard edge.

A lesson for anyone new to planning such things - it can't be a coincidence that you have managed to create this on most of your layouts.

All the best,

James

Thanks James, Yes I do try and stay off the strait and narrow these day, and some say I'm even around the bend, haha.:notme:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

19 hours ago, gismorail said:

Still think it's a great shame mate :cry::cry:(double cry)

You should have seen him years ago, there was a new layout every other week.....Hahahaha

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, gismorail said:

Martin,

Andy needs the space for the other things he has in mind and has now got into a rhythm based approximately on the '9-2-5' concept as if he were not retired.!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, georgeT said:

You should have seen him years ago, there was a new layout every other week.....Hahahaha

Agree George, he kept changing his mind before he finished the ... as exemplified by Dore End and its recent antecedents.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

has now got into a rhythm based approximately on the '9-2-5' concept as if he were not retired.!

That's:

9 layouts being planned in his head

2 built and sold on

5 being built as we speak

Al

• Funny 6

35 minutes ago, georgeT said:

33 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Martin,

Andy needs the space for the other things he has in mind and has now got into a rhythm based approximately on the '9-2-5' concept as if he were not retired.!

31 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Agree George, he kept changing his mind before he finished the ... as exemplified by Dore End and its recent antecedents.

24 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

That's:

9 layouts being planned in his head

2 built and sold on

5 being built as we speak

Al

O.K. Guys, I think I've got the message, haha, I will just do one at a time from now on, 

Once I've finished the current three and used the 2 x 6ft x 16 inch baseboard tops I have under the bench and ready for use.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

O.K. Guys, I think I've got the message, haha, I will just do one at a time from now on, 

Once I've finished the current three and used the 2 x 6ft x 16 inch baseboard tops I have under the bench and ready for use.:good:

Andy,

Keep up the relentless pace! It makes up for the rest of us who spend all our time procrastinating and never pull our finger out to achieve anything! :laugh_mini:

To be fair Guy's Andy (Bodgit) and l guess myself have just loved all type's of model railway's thru the year's no matter what the gauge or era, steam or diesel we just love the hobby as a whole , and over the year's we have travelled all over the country visiting many model railway exhibition's, taking thousand's of photo's to use on future project's whenever that will be, and Andy has over the year's built some fantastic exhibition layout's as many of you have seen, and even though he has sold most of them, some are still around today doing the circuit, the thing is that we both love building them from scratch and when they are finished, well we hanker for the next project, as we are both retired l can see nothing more interesting or for filing as building a model railway, also thinking back over the past twenty or so year's we have made some cracking friend's who have helped and encouraged us on the way, long live model railway's, who care's how or why just enjoy yourself......

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

To be fair Guy's Andy (Bodgit) and l guess myself have just loved all type's of model railway's thru the year's no matter what the gauge or era, steam or diesel we just love the hobby as a whole , and over the year's we have travelled all over the country visiting many model railway exhibition's, taking thousand's of photo's to use on future project's whenever that will be, and Andy has over the year's built some fantastic exhibition layout's as many of you have seen, and even though he has sold most of them, some are still around today doing the circuit, the thing is that we both love building them from scratch and when they are finished, well we hanker for the next project, as we are both retired l can see nothing more interesting or for filing as building a model railway, also thinking back over the past twenty or so year's we have made some cracking friend's who have helped and encouraged us on the way, long live model railway's, who care's how or why just enjoy yourself......

And hopefully live long enough and be fit enough to build a few more, and in whatever Scale / Gauge takes my fancy at the time.

I must say, I'm looking for ward to seeing Ash Lane at the weekend mate.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, andyram said:

I turn my back for a few days and come back to find the Dr Andy Beeching axe is being swung! I think this counts as a record.

Selling to a Preservation Society Andy, NOT ripping the track up as the Dr did. haha.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Wot about Bottom.......that wasn't sold on?

Bottom Bitton was ME trying to do a prototype location, and I eventually found it to be a Mill Stone around my neck with to many constraints etc.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Bottom Bitton was ME trying to do a prototype location, and I eventually found it to be a Mill Stone around my neck with to many constraints etc.

Serious 'ead on.

I think your attempt at Bitton was very good but as you say put to many constraints on your style of modelling and wasn't fun for you. The most important part of railway modelling is having FUN. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1