Bala Town

Andrew P

3 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Well done mate, you now have funds for the next project,nice one.

I have the baseboard tops, just need some timber to make them up, Plans will be forthcoming soon

• Like 4

Wow, gone before the ink was dry on the advert.....

Well done and now you get on with the next project knowing your pockets are lined with gold!!

Ever thought about building your layouts on wheels so they can be moved out of TOPS easily for collection?

Edited by KNP
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

4 minutes ago, KNP said:

Wow, gone before the ink was dry on the advert.....

Well done and now you get on with the next project knowing your pockets are lined with gold!!

Ever thought about building your layouts on wheels so they moved out of TOPS easily for collection?

Haha, Yes Kevin, nice idea mate. Next one will be smaller and easier to move about, but I need to do some more to Mason Street first.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

………. I may have missed the new layout name so if you could repeat it here so I can follow it that will make me happy, muchas thankas.

Best

Hi Baraby, You have missed nothing my friend, Seven Mills Sidings, is continuing, Mason Street is my new ''OO'' project in the Layouts Section, and another New Project will emerge in the not to distant future I hope, but there are two plans on paper, one I discussed on the previous page in ''OO'' or another O Gauge Baby.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ossygobbin said:

andrew you inspired me to make a start on my light railway. its 8x2 all in here is a pic. i will start a topic when i get some better pics.

P4080005.JPG

Well done young man, is it OO as I see the Beattie Well Tank in the foreground?

Looks like a nice plan.

2 minutes ago, ossygobbin said:

00 as if lol no its 7mm the track plan is based on wantage and i think i am older than you lol

Oh do come on, my Wife says; No one is older than me.:notme:

All very nice:good:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

• 1 year later...

I was informed today by Steve Flint that Bala Town will be in the August Edition, of Railway Modeller due out on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to see how it comes out and also if my pics come out clear enough.:)

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Donw said:

A good article Andy and the pictures look good to me.

Don

Thanks Don, That's good to know, I sent Steve about 20 or so pics to chose from.

My copy hasn't arrived yet, Post around here is slower than the Antarctic, so I'm still waiting.

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

My copy hasn't arrived yet, Post around here is slower than the Antarctic, so I'm still waiting.

Took over a week to get my 14xx one last month and I couldnt find them on sale anywhere either!

An artist shouldn't be put through this!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/07/2020 at 07:31, Donw said:

A good article Andy and the pictures look good to me.

Don

A very nice read, especially the closing sentence: “It is, after all, a hobby to be enjoyed.”

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/07/2020 at 11:48, pwr said:

I'll get mine in the newsagents on Thursday!

Paul R

11 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

A very nice read, especially the closing sentence: “It is, after all, a hobby to be enjoyed.”

Paul.

Thanks Paul and Paul, My complimentary copy should arrive tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

The Layout went down Worcester way if I remember correctly, so should still be around serving it's new owners well I hope.

Article looks good Andy.

The RM does tend to do a good spread.

Coincidentally I picked up the latest issue of Model Rail this morning - total rehash of old material and top 10's. No new product reviews. Very disappointing. If this continues I will stop buying it. I guess they have run out of articles but this was a particularly poor issue. I was teetering on the point of not buying it as like one of the other mainstream magazines its gone very much to a publication aimed at the beginner end of the market. Nothing wrong with that if it sells but 2 out of the 4 mainstream titles have gone that way and the third partially. RM still gives us a steady stream of interesting topics and has stuck with a tried and tested theme which it refreshes once in a while. 

Paul R

• Agree 1