Bala Town

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

What a coincidence I was watching some video footage this morning “Railway Roundabout 1961” on the said area.

I also will be following this new build with interest.

Happy New yea to you, and no doubt I’ll see you at our Stafford Exhibition in February.

Terry

Great!

I do like your rural layouts, as much as I like your Banger Blue depots, so now we have the best of both worlds :imsohappy:

Look forward to seeing more.

Al.

Hi Al and thanks, I'll have some pics later on today, the heater is on outside.

Hi Andy,

I have found your 7mm work to be inspiring, so am looking forward with great interest to seeing this latest project develop.

Gerry

Hi Gerry. Thanks very much, as many will testify, I am a serial BODGER, and my Layouts are just thrown together, but with love and care, sometimes they work visually, sometimes they don't and end up being scrapped / changed or Sold. :O

Bala is laid and wired, so at least that's a start, I know this works so far.

Hope you enjoy Riding with the Bodger. :sungum: 

Hi Andy

What a coincidence I was watching some video footage this morning “Railway Roundabout 1961” on the said area.

I also will be following this new build with interest.

Happy New yea to you, and no doubt I’ll see you at our Stafford Exhibition in February.

Terry

Morning Terry, I do love the area, and the Model that Tom is doing, Cwm Prysor, in the Layouts section really brings out the best of this once stunning line across North Wales.

And YES, I hope to be at Stafford this year, providing there's NO SNOW, and I'm not incapacitated again, haha.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If you have an interest in this area and the line to Blaenau then the purchase of the recently published book on the line from Lightmoor Press is well worth it.

I think I’ll have to buy this to go with the Ruabon to Barmouth book.

Terry

• Like 1

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Poor old Dore end, gone and soon to be forgotten.

More holes in the baseboard, more sticking plasters wasted.

Have fun making it......and you can now buy a Flying Banana :locomotive:

I have a standing order with Masking Tape, haha

NO Bananas on here mate, far to early, think 60's  66 ish, although there will be an Autocoach.

If you have an interest in this area and the line to Blaenau then the purchase of the recently published book on the line from Lightmoor Press is well worth it.

Terry

Thanks Guys, I'm not a Railway book worm, I did get; Exploring Britain's Lost Railways for Christmas but not opened it yet. I'm guessing the Bala Line must be in there somewhere.

Yet more 0 Gauge pannier temptation. I must resist, I must resist!

Nice work, I look forward to developments.

Resistance is futile, and you know it, haha.

I REALLY REALLY should have got one of the 74X's in Hattons Sale to make up the set.

• Like 2

Terry

Thanks Guys, I'm not a Railway book worm, I did get; Exploring Britain's Lost Railways for Christmas but not opened it yet. I'm guessing the Bala Line must be in there somewhere.

Just had a look, and sadly NOTHING on Bala, or that area of Wales. :O

That can go back onto the Bookshelf then. :no:

Found it, the morphing of Dore End into Bala Town

That gives me an idea.....

Two double-sided scenic backscenes and I can have three layouts....!!!!

Little Muddle

through to 

The Valley

then into

Encombe Town junction

Like the idea for Bala Town and already clicked follow topic.

And to think we are only on the first day of 2019, what will the rest of the year bring?

Found it, the morphing of Dore End into Bala Town

That gives me an idea.....

Two double-sided scenic backscenes and I can have three layouts....!!!!

Little Muddle

through to 

The Valley

then into

Encombe Town junction

Like the idea for Bala Town and already clicked follow topic.

And to think we are only on the first day of 2019, what will the rest of the year bring?

Thanks Kevin, you can never have enough Layouts in your Shed / Room / Den, hahaha :no:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

I dont think any books on the Line would help. You are doing an 'Inspired by' layout finding more facts on the original will only inhibit doing what you want.  I like where this is going so follow your instincts.

Don

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Andy

I dont think any books on the Line would help. You are doing an 'Inspired by' layout finding more facts on the original will only inhibit doing what you want.  I like where this is going so follow your instincts.

Don

Thanks Don, I think your absolutely right, every time I try and copy a prototype I lose interest, so like Trebudoc, I'll just do what I feel looks right to me, and run with it.

Thanks again for your input.