67 'drags' at Retford 24 & 25.04.10

• RMweb Premium

Hi. As you probably know there have been some diesel drags planned for this and another couple of weekends on Leeds Retford (and Retford Leeds!) services.

Apologies for poor pics as sun is always in the wrong place at Retford Station!

67002 and 16 were the ones I saw.

There had been a 67 non stop on drag going south in the a.m. but I missed that of course. Don't know where that was going to be relieved?

Unfortunately our peaceful and enjoyable afternoon was interrupted by a gang of drunken Bury FC fans who were trying to get a Lincoln train having been dumped off their coach in Retford. Fortunately loads of PCs (inc dogs with big teeth) arrived and sorted them out and got them back on their coaches which had turned up outside the station. Quite a mystery what was going on and has reminded me just how unpredictable a load of drunks can be; however there was no aggro as the dogs were deployed! Needless to say I feel sympathy for the poor coach drivers on the return trip! They must be mad to do that sort of job! :huh:

Hope some others got better pics of the drags than me.

No pics of the drunks you will be pleased to see.

Sincerely,

I. V. A. Lenscap. 36E

Interesting, and good to see that the operator is getting the trains through under diesel power rather than just turfing everyone out onto buses. Were they diverted off normal route, if so where?

Re the drunks, my sympathies are with the dogs.

If anyone has shots showing the coupling arrangements used when dragging a 225 set I'd love to see them, been pondering modelling this for a while.

91s and the DVTs are fitted with buffers and couplings, so it'll be as usual, and no adaptor required I presume, unless one is required for a brake connection?

• RMweb Premium

91s and the DVTs are fitted with buffers and couplings, so it'll be as usual, and no adaptor required I presume, unless one is required for a brake connection?

B****y great screw coupling (the 'emergency' one carried on the loco).

Devious route through Donny and then north on the ECML, turn left & then via Wakefield Kirkgate keeping the loco on the train at Leeds; can't remember what else the guard told me!

Today it was 16 and 27 doing the honours. Only slightly better pics this time; must put new camera on Santa list! :)

67016 running into loop to wait an hour or so having come south.

67027 on the drag north 13.47 to Leeds.

36E

• RMweb Premium

A nice thread. I wondered where the drag was from when I kept seeing 67016 coming past the Wakefield RMS clubrooms whilst doing some modelling yesterday. My questions are now answered.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

A nice thread. I wondered where the drag was from when I kept seeing 67016 coming past the Wakefield RMS clubrooms whilst doing some modelling yesterday. My questions are now answered.

Jamie

Sounds like a good place to have a clubroom! Next weekend as well I'm led to believe (not BH Monday) and possibly the one after that, however I'm away for both and will miss steam on the ECML but enjoy steam on the RH & DR in Kent! :)

36E

Archived