Gaugemaster prodigy adanced no movement after consisting

PeteN92

Hi guys,

I've recently made the switch to DCC and have been playing around with my new prodigy advanced system.  I have been trying to use the double heading feature however I have come up against an issue. 

I do as the instructions say to make an advanced consist click dbl head->enter->add consist number (I have tried both 1 and 55 as two examples)-> add the lead loco address-> add the second loco address-> press enter to complete the consist. 

I've also made sure the two locos are programmed to be running in the correct directions with each other. 

When I do this both the locos move slightly as they enter the consist  to I believe that is the motors reacting to what I am doing.

When I read the address of the locos on the programming track they show as the new consist address given and when I read CV 19 on the locos they also show the correct address given. Everything here seems to be ok so far.....

The locos no longer respond when trying to move them from their original addresses either.

When I select consist 1 however and set the direction neither of the locos move in either direction. 

One loco fitted with SW digital ESU loksound 4 chip does play the sound once the locos are consisted together still but doesn't move.

I have tried this with a couple of locos and swapped around different chips but the same result occurs each time.

2 of the chips are dcc concepts zen chips and the other is a ESU loksound v4. I have tried to two Zen chips together as well as each of them with the ESU chip however get the same results each time??

I may be doing something obviously wrong here but am still learning so help would be appreciated before I start hitting my head against the wall :banghead:

Thanks

Pete 

When I read the address of the locos on the programming track they show as the new consist address given and when I read CV 19 on the locos they also show the correct address given. Everything here seems to be ok so far.....

If the loco address has changed then what you have set up is not an "advanced consist". An advanced consist leaves the addresses untouched and uses the consist address CV19.

See https://sites.google.com/site/markgurries/home/technical-discussions/consisting-information/nmra-dcc-consisting

If both addresses and consist address have been changed then it sounds like the system is not fit for purpose.

I suggest that  the chips will not accept advance consisting  (i.e. do not have CV19)

To overcome this use Universal consisting by pressing double head twice to read old set, enter the number of the lead loco and set direction, press enter add the second loco and direction then press enter this should set the consist.

To run the consist  press double head then loco enter the address of the lead loco the consist should then work. 

To clear the consist enter old clear and press the enter button, this will reset the loco to the original speed setting most probably 14

Hope this helps

Michael