If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

The first one of 2019 ?

DaveM241

Greetings from North Oxfordshire....

Good morning one and all from a very amateur modeller (but keen).

I have reintroduced myself to railway modelling after an extended 30+ year career and family break and completed my first layout last year.

My how things have changed since those early days and the learning curve was very steep and a lot of lessons learned.

As a consequence, my layout in its current format will be ripped up and the lessons learnt put into practice with Mk 2 layout. Regret I am space limited and the current Mrs won't move, something to do with my first grand child ???

I am working on DC only to utilise my rolling stock most of it is mid 70's era, although I have made a number of purchases of relevant loco's and rolling stock.

After a lot of soul searching on where and when to base the layout and going back to my childhood days have decided to 'loosly' base it around Western region in 1970's.

One of my nearly completed projects was to get an old Hornby class 31 in a bad condition running and cosmetic back to running order. Stripped down, serviced, repainted into a typical WR class 31, re headcoded, re glazed and weathered.

I am very pleased with the results and now runs like a dream. Couplings next to get done..

I must admit to having looked on the various forums in hours of need and found in pretty well most instances a solution.

Enough of my ranting and standby for stupid questions.

Regards and happy new yaer to all

Dave