Trent Valley Railway - Heljan Container Crane

TrentValleyRailway

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TrentValleyRailway said:

During recent work for the embankments I made the grass area on top of the tunnel area more realistic in colours and to some extent making it look more weathered with the before 

Matt,

That's a big improvement. Can I ask what static grass you used 'before' and 'after'? 

Ian

On 07/04/2021 at 17:13, ISW said:

Matt,

That's a big improvement. Can I ask what static grass you used 'before' and 'after'? 

Ian

Hi Ian,

before I used summer green grass mixture between woodland scenic and green scenes long fibres. After I mixed in some spring of both brands mentioned previously and added some darker scatter over the top of the static grass. Much more realistic to have lots of different colours now and a fade of colours on the embankments. 

thanks, 

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

A detailed look at the track laying for the inclines and transition from inclines to the scenic section. The track is code 75 and is pinned down on the inclines whilst the transition to the scenic section track is glued down with copydex. Part 2 will eventually follow looking at the track laying on the main lines and container depot for the scenic section.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2021 at 20:11, TrentValleyRailway said:

Some pictures of progress from last few months...

Matt,

May I ask which ballast you used for the mainlines? It looks about the right 'colour' for my own layout, if the black bits were removed. I'm hoping you 'added' the black stones as your own 'mix' and that the remainder of the ingredients would be suitable.

Ian

On 04/05/2021 at 11:00, ISW said:

Matt,

May I ask which ballast you used for the mainlines? It looks about the right 'colour' for my own layout, if the black bits were removed. I'm hoping you 'added' the black stones as your own 'mix' and that the remainder of the ingredients would be suitable.

Ian

hello, 

I then went on to weather up the track rails and ballast so the darker stones are now not as much of a stand out.

54DD090F-F63F-4E57-88B4-D1DF6B49EC65.jpeg.ec8e3a7c72d22766705f7708c8cea3e2.jpeg

CAEEBBB7-DA5E-4990-B56B-EC8DED86496B.jpeg.ee7e13e3a5c8484fd5e3d6b6833eac39.jpeg

For the ballast on the mainline it is Hattons modern grey blend - fine

thanks.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TrentValleyRailway said:

For the ballast on the mainline it is Hattons modern grey blend - fine

Matt,

Thanks for the information. I'm torn between a 'grey' and a 'buff' colour and not sure which one to go with. Looks like I'll have to get a sample of each and try them out.

Ian

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...