Trent Valley Railway - Heljan Container Crane

TrentValleyRailway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TrentValleyRailway said:

For a while i have mainly posted video updates of progress on the Trent Valley Railway so here is a gallery of pictorial updates over the past few months.

*snip*

Matt,

All looks very clean and tidy, most impressive. I like the simple supporting of your ramp tracks from the upper baseboards. I wish I could have done that, but I want my baseboards to be removable.

Do you have a photo of the entire Upper level, showing how have you interfaced the ramp tracks with the upper level?

I've really struggled recently to design my Upper Level baseboards, trying to keep them clear of the Ramp Tracks.

On 08/05/2020 at 09:52, ISW said:

Matt,

All looks very clean and tidy, most impressive. I like the simple supporting of your ramp tracks from the upper baseboards. I wish I could have done that, but I want my baseboards to be removable.

Do you have a photo of the entire Upper level, showing how have you interfaced the ramp tracks with the upper level?

I've really struggled recently to design my Upper Level baseboards, trying to keep them clear of the Ramp Tracks.

As requested here is a picture of the upper level interface with incline near the garage door end with a gradual incline to level off and transition the track gradient 

CB910961-CA58-49A6-A5DA-C4F903E3596A.jpeg.b305232ebf204ed372126df3f0095f62.jpeg

3ED8EAD3-E046-44D9-A42E-D6C3E58185E6.jpeg

Edited by TrentValleyRailway
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TrentValleyRailway said:

As requested here is a picture of the upper level interface with incline near the garage door end with a gradual incline to level off and transition the track gradient 

*snip*

Matt,

If I'm understanding correctly, the leftside are the ramps, the rightside is the scenic area, and the top & bottom sides connect the ramps to the scenic section. Would that be correct?

On the assumption that the above is a reasonable representation, have you thought about putting a scenic break between the ramps on the leftside, so that the inner ramp can also be made scenic? Just a thought ...

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 09:18, ISW said:

Matt,

If I'm understanding correctly, the leftside are the ramps, the rightside is the scenic area, and the top & bottom sides connect the ramps to the scenic section. Would that be correct?

On the assumption that the above is a reasonable representation, have you thought about putting a scenic break between the ramps on the leftside, so that the inner ramp can also be made scenic? Just a thought ...

yes your understanding is correct like a large helix around the perimeter of the garage in both directions to give a full continuous loop.

i may eventually do something with the ramps and inclines to turn these into scenic parts once i have done the centre piece of the container depot.

12 hours ago, TrentValleyRailway said:

More pictures of the latest work including a view all the way up the scenic section, nearby there after couple of years of work to create a full continuous running loops from lower level to scenic section.

7B4D9704-D3F0-4030-86D2-30C475116BD4.jpeg.1ad5261c0be090849a3770f64fd3bbf0.jpeg

Matt,

What is the purpose of those 3 white circles under the track and what are they made of?

12 hours ago, ISW said:

Matt,

What is the purpose of those 3 white circles under the track and what are they made of?

they are the rapido trains uncoupler units which have a set of magnets inside that switch around when on and off. Useful for reliable uncoupling of the kadee couplings and only when I press the button to activate it through DCC

• 3 weeks later...
  • TrentValleyRailway changed the title to Trent Valley Railway - Heljan Container Crane