DB Poster

rodent279

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the poster below? I had one years ago, but think it got thrown out in a big loft clear out.

The picture shows a class 103 on the turntable at Bebra, surrounded by electric locos of various classes in the roundhouse. Taken in June 1978, the caption I think translates roughly to "The clean, efficient railwaymen".

post-5674-0-03195500-1546764252.jpg

Edited by rodent279
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the poster below? I had one years ago, but think it got thrown out in a big loft clear out.

The picture shows a class 103 on the turntable at Bebra, surrounded by electric locos of various classes in the roundhouse. Taken in June 1978, the caption I think translates roughly to "The clean, efficient railwaymen".

attachicon.gifbebra.jpg

That’s a cracking lineup there indeed!

Concerning the slogan, I would interpret it as being a reference to the locos shown rather than railway staff; the locomotives being electric and thus not producing any pollution themselves. „Saubermann“ is more of a figure of speech which can refer to machinery and other objects operating cleanly and efficiently. Hope this helps!

Edited by NGT6 1315

• RMweb Gold

That’s a cracking lineup there indeed!

Concerning the slogan, I would interpret it as being a reference to the locos shown rather than railway staff; the locomotives being electric and thus not producing any pollution themselves. „Saubermann“ is more of a figure of speech which can refer to machinery and other objects operating cleanly and efficiently. Hope this helps!

Yes, that's how I interpreted it!

I did wonder whether the DB museum would have any for sale, but they don't appear to have an online shop.

The slogan is in keeping with an earlier poster (of an E10, IIRC), translated as "our locos are giving up smoking" - which was on the wall of the classroom where I tried (unsuccessfully) to learn German in my sixth form.

I can't recall posters on sale in the DB Museum.

• RMweb Gold

I bought a copy of said poster from the DB Museum in Nurnberg last time I visited. Admittedly a few years ago , but they certainly were selling them.

Worth knowing, thanks. I could email them and ask. I'll be going to Bonn in April, so I could see if I can slot in a trip to the DB museum in Koblenz as well.

Worth knowing, thanks. I could email them and ask. I'll be going to Bonn in April, so I could see if I can slot in a trip to the DB museum in Koblenz as well.

I don't remember much of a shop at Koblenz, but they might be able to arrange for one to be picked up from there?

Jon