Following on from "Kidmore Boxed" elsewhere on RMweb, the bug has bitten for creating layouts in wrapping paper boxes.  These afford a layout size of 28 x 8.5" & of course simple storage. You can squeeze an extra inch on the length but I like to have space for a hand to lift the layout out !  The attached image shows the straightforward track plan with the RHS representing the end on a branch line which enters from the bottom LHS.  The small siding, upper LHS, affords space for a Pug sized loco plus a couple of short wheel based wagons.  The 1.5" softwood frame gives sufficient space for a point motor, perhaps overkill but my preference, leaving 3" height for a backscene.

post-9265-0-86001700-1546787936_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just put together a 3mm MDF kit of a small platform & it's associated ramp.  Unsure as yet whether to use the ramp or utilise it's space for a demolished platform section showing just the remaining concrete piers.  Used in its full length the overall platform as supplied in the kit (see image) may appear too large for the available 28" scenic.

post-9265-0-08247300-1546959285_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks a good little start. I particularly like the idea of a demolished platform. You mention a pug, is there any more stock plans?

Basically I have a number of micro layouts but like to reserve particular stock for individual layouts; bit of an excuse to buy more stock I suppose !  Siding lengths dictate suitable rolling stock on such tiny layouts so the Pug is ideal.  Have just bought one of the Hornby Collector Club's 0-4-0 s so will see how that fits.  Am continuing build this weekend so updated image soon.

Some progress last weekend.  Track laid & ballasted and retaining walls in place.  Raised areas stuck down and these will be coated with plaster bandage before painting.  Have decided not to use the platform ramp & will go with a partly demolished platform.  Van on platform is a Bachmann grounded body minus it's base.

post-9265-0-06588900-1547563566_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Progress image.  Some initial base grass added over brown earth paint.  Definitely decided to go with the partially removed platform theme & "concrete" piers now in position where the ramp would have been.  The pencilled outline that can just be seen to the front RHS is where a derelict shed is going along with some scrap bits & pieces.

post-9265-0-17279600-1548167990_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

The heavy duty grass man cometh !  Noch long length grass spread virtually every where using a Gaugemaster puffer bottle & fixed in place using £ Shop hairspray.  Once this has set I will give it all a judicious pruning !

post-9265-0-57960800-1548590757_thumb.jpg

post-9265-0-10718900-1548590780_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ModellerChris said:

The part demolished building is a stunning piece of modelling. I'd love to see a few more pictures of that please. 

As requested, a couple more images.  I note a problem since the site update though, maximum allowable upload is 10mb total.

_DSF8373.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

19 hours ago, Stu70 said:

Fantastic pictures, great detail. Can I ask what baseboard colour did you use on the oil tank.:good:

Thanks for kind comment.  Oil tank was a resin kit.  Initially painted with £ Shop matt black (sold for cars) & then dry brushed with Vallejo gun metal & a mix of weathering powders.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...