Milton Keynes MRS 50th Anniversary Exhibition, 16 & 17 Feb 2019

ianbartlett

Milton Keynes Model Railway Exhibition 2019

50th anniversary exhibition - a special two day show!

STANTONBURY LEISURE CENTRE, MILTON KEYNES, MK14 6BN

• Saturday 16th February 2019, 10am - 5.00pm
  • Sunday 17th February 2019, 10am - 4.30pm

• £7 adults, £1 children (each day)

• Huge variety of scales, gauges and eras
  • Excellent trade support
  • Free parking
  • Free vintage (Routemaster) bus from Milton Keynes Central rail station every 30 mins

Tickets available now via: www.mkmrs.org.uk/exhibitions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj8m7ghwmuQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by ianbartlett
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yes a good show it is, it must be because I am a member of the club :sungum:

This is a 2 days event, as it is our 50 years anniversary. Enjoy it and please do not all come on Saturday.... Sundays are much more enjoyable at such events as you do not have to swim (or plough) through the crowds...

Come and say hello, I have Gerhard written on my club t-shirt (and not Vecchio which is only a nick-name) and if you don't find me I have probably advised you (in full orange PPE) where to park a few minutes before....

• RMweb Premium

Quick before the site goes down for maintenance. I hope you have all penciled in the major event taking place in Milton Keynes on the 16th and 17th of February.

The 50th anniversary of the MKMRS - celebrated with a 2-day exhibition!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Only 3 1/2 days to the show.

I am looking forward to it. 

And I hope many of you have in their diary!

The 50th anniversary of the MKMRS - celebrated with a 2-day exhibition!

taking place in Milton Keynes on the 16th and 17th of February.

image.png.326fc52a43b0f3f2c5f8671d35f8e8a2.png

• RMweb Premium

Good job it's a two day affair this year as grandson No.2 has his party on Saturday. Will see how many others I can bring along this year, at least two again. Catching the bus from MKC as usual.

Dave

• Like 1

Join us for breakfast!

This weekend, we’ll be opening the doors for ticket sales at 9.00am to help ease queues. Why not buy your ticket at 9.00 and pop upstairs to our cafe for breakfast or a coffee while we finish setting up the show for a 10am start..?

517A5AE1-DF0B-492F-ADB3-F033A36CC621.jpeg

Edited by ianbartlett
Wrong text!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Anglian said:

I've not been to this show before and don't know Milton Keynes so excuse my ignorance – is the free parking at the leisure centre itself or close by?

Yes, there is parking at Stantonbury itself with people to direct to free spaces. If that parking does fill up there are overflow car parks which are 10 minutes walk away, these will be signposted

Directions can be found here

http://www.mkmrs.org.uk/exhibitions/getting-here/#squelch-taas-accordion-shortcode-content-1

• Thanks 1

Went along to this morning, very busy early on, but soon quietened down. Layouts were of a very good standard, and all except one were new to me. I did very much like 59th & Rust, and Arcadia, but star of the show for me was 'Wickwar', from the Farnham club, which is now firmly ensconced in my top five all-time layouts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Del said:

Went along to this morning, very busy early on, but soon quietened down. Layouts were of a very good standard, and all except one were new to me. I did very much like 59th & Rust, and Arcadia, but star of the show for me was 'Wickwar', from the Farnham club, which is now firmly ensconced in my top five all-time layouts.

Have to agree that Wickwar stood out. The sense of depth and the backscene combined to make a really convincing landscape

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I spent a most enjoyable morning at your exhibition today and it was one of the most enjoyable exhibition experiences that I’ve had for a long time. As an N gauge modeller of far to many years it was so pleasing to see so many quality N layouts in one show interspersed with top quality other gauge modelling such as the “if only I had the space and wallet” Addison Road. 

Thinking back to last year year, it was so nice to be able to move around the halls without the cramped ness and quite so much buffeting by rucksacks that I experienced  last year and the sense of claustrophobia it induced.

I was appalled at the behaviour of one individual with a baby in what I can only described as an out of gauge buggy  though, and which at one point I saw him deliberately ram into the back of an elderly gentleman so he could get by. Very very bad form I  thought which was made worse when his victim apologised. Maybe not something that the organisers can do much about, but I hope you don’t mind me mentioning it. If it was you sir and you read this I trust you feel suitably ashamed but your behaviour this morning suggests that’s unlikely. 

i would hazard a guess that my greatly enhanced experience was down to being there today rather than on the shows usual Saturday only, and I do hope the 2 day show was a huge financial success to perhaps encourage you to make your show a 2 day event for the future. You’ve done 1 day over the first 50 years. What about 2 days for the next 50.

Congratulations on a great show and many thanks from a very satisfied visitor.

Edited by Dragonboy
Spullink
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

A friend had a last minute invite for his layout so I helped out all day Saturday then again Sunday afternoon.

Sunday was less busy than Saturday but still by no means quiet.

Having spoken to some of the club members, the 2nd day seemed very much a success, maybe partly because it allowed people to go to Biggleswade on Saturday then MK on Sunday?

There was a good selection of both layouts & traders. Plenty to see,

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

I spent a most enjoyable morning at your exhibition today and it was one of the most enjoyable exhibition experiences that I’ve had for a long time. As an N gauge modeller of far to many years it was so pleasing to see so many quality N layouts in one show interspersed with top quality other gauge modelling such as the “if only I had the space and wallet” Addison Road. 

My sentiments exactly, can't remember the last time I saw that many excellent N gauge layouts In one place :good_mini:

Paul 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Arcadia Pennsylvania Terminal back to base after an very good weekend of operation.

Many thanks from Dave and Sue must go to Terry and the MK team for all their hard work in putting on such an excellent two-day event.

Edited by 70000 Britannia