Hornby - New Tooling - Terrier

Andy Y

621372676_terrier1.jpg.92e3fcf8ee32e3ff5da84c49aea811ce.jpg

Very nice layout there, barrymx5.

Here's my terrier,  not the best pic but it's getting late  :-)

Terrier is a really nice model imho, just oiled it as per instructions and it purred round the layout straight out of the box.  Runs very slowly as well.  (This is dc).  Excellent finish, cab interior looks good as well.  So very pleased with this, glad I got one.

Edited by railroadbill
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Does anyone do transfers for the Alphabet for these in LBSC ?

ive one i’d like to have a go at.

thanks in advance.

I don't know who does it, but recently TMC did a rename for someone. I saw pics of it online. Worth contacting them?

• Like 1

That’s Stepney, number 655, when placed onto the “duplicate list”. So, no number plate, which was the original number, 55, which could then be reused on a new build.

There are some differences to Stepney as now preserved at the Bluebell Railway... :)

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

There probably a few minor differences but the new collectors club limited edition model  of the Brighton works shunter is the closest to Stepney as preserved

Probably better waiting for them to do that one rather than messing about with a Limited Edition model which will be quite sought after.

They'll be churning these out for decades in every conceivable variety.

I half expect a preserved Stepney special very soon. It is the 60th Anniversary of the Bluebell after all....

No inside information just a guess.

Jason

• Like 1

On 17/08/2020 at 12:03, adb968008 said:

Does anyone do transfers for the Alphabet for these in LBSC ?

ive one i’d like to have a go at.

thanks in advance.

Not in the alphabet, but Precision Labels will make up a custom name and (printed) number plate for you at this link:

http://www.precisionlabels.com/pay.html?6.00&Terrier-55-Stepney

Simply replace the 55 with your running number, and Stepney with your chosen name, in the Description text box on the web page. For example I would write Terrier-35-Morden.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

9 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

There probably a few minor differences but the new collectors club limited edition model  of the Brighton works shunter is the closest to Stepney as preserved

“Brighton Works” was dual braked, so retained the Westinghouse air brake pump on the cab side, and had two brake pipes each end...

Stepney had the Westinghouse air brake pump removed, certainly by the time that the loco was working the Hayling Island branch. 

No Westinghouse air brake pump has so far been refitted, as far as I know.

I did some basic modifications to a Dapol Stepney with 55 number plate to represent Stepney as preserved...the loco started off in IEG with the number 55 painted on like the 655 version. Later, replica cast plates were fitted...

image.jpeg.1466477b423f6e6af03d98765bab667f.jpeg

I also did some basic modifications to a Hornby, ex Dapol, model of Brighton Works...

image.jpeg.50493a341fe6cb47412b7e57476b8a4f.jpeg

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

Received Brighton last Friday , have two SR versions 2662 and Bembridge, and was no intention to by others but could'nt resist Brighton,

as Jenny says this pretty colour, i was lost and bought one.

Now to wait for Hattons LBSCR 4/ 6 wheel coaches, what a nice couple this will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

Annoyingly the wheels look rather translucent and a bit pinky.

Might still get one though and weather them.

Shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of some matching paint and cover the somewhat 'pinky' plastic.

John Isherwood.

I received my Brighton Works, along with a Leadenhall, in the post yesterday. I am certainly not disappointed.

3D7C2EE6-69A9-47F1-9C6F-429008E052DE.jpeg.7b8d6053cef2056d10258061219376cf.jpegThe colour looks right to my eye, and certainly far better than some of the older version offerings in my collection like Waddon and the almost faded Whitechapel that looks particularly bad. 

• Like 3